Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
100_0921.jpg 008.jpg 038.jpg 061.jpg 027.jpg
Still haven't planted one of my fields.. I hit it yesterday for a few hrs..got a 1897 Indian...a 1906 Barber dime..and 1926 Buffalo in nice shape..I'll try to post some better pics of the reverse later..Thanks

Upvote 0

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm curious about field hunting. Do you know the history on your field? Are there some fields out there that should be better than others? Could I walk into any field and expect to find some coins? I guess in North America, i wouldn't expect to be finding things in fields. Moreso in England and older countries. Any tips you can pass along I would appreciate.

burgessbogy

May 15, 2012
That's awesome!! My husband is a farmer and occasionally finds items in old house-spots that they're working up for the first time. Recently, he's brought home a handful of clay marbles, a petrified button, some arrowheads and a medium-sized medicine bottle.
My advice would be to locate the landowner first. The person on the tractor may not be the one who's name is on the deed, so ask about that immediately. Most farmers in this area don't mind if you hit them up early - before bedding and floating and planting and such.
Word of the wise though: in my experience, I've found that if they're zero-grading the grid you'll be turned down immediately and even if you *do* look, you'll find next to nothing after they're done.

OP
OP
JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DSC01200.JPG
Better pic of the reverse

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice handful of finds, congrats. Arty

pumice

Dec 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finding three coins like that in my area would be a very good day!
Nice finds...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

OP
OP
JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys..I wanted to get out there this weekend but my back is hurting so hopefully I'll have more to post soon

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cotton fields galore here in Georgia - the bug has bitten me once again...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread