🥇 BANNER Had a good day Saturday...Civil War Muskets!!!

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy Beau and I got out Saturday to try another spot. The research was spot on and the relics could not be much better. There is always satisfaction when research pays off and you can find yourself retracing the footsteps of those 150 years ago. We have had some great luck over the years hunting together, but this one will be towards the top in my memory. The best two finds of the day were the two Enfield Muskets. Mine still has the majority of the stock still intact. We also managed a bayonet each along with bullets. I will post pictures up when the preservation process and electolysis is complete. Hope everyone had a good weekend. I am sure Beau will post up the video when complete along with the rest of his finds. This was us just before we parted ways for the day and headed home as happy as two guys could be.

HH

Dan

Attachments

• BO_DF_NA.jpg
    BO_DF_NA.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 1,219
Upvote 20
OP
OP
HomeGuardDan

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome just awesome.makes you wonder if they are from someone who had enough with fighting and chucked them in the water or it was the end of the war or if they were from a fallen men, the story they could tell.

Nova - went back and dug a handful of bullets in the same area, while Aquachigger recovered the buttplate. It told a story of some sort. Thanks for the comments.

Dan

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somewhere in the woods not far from where I live is a Mossberg 20 guage pump shotgun or what's left of it. When I was about 13, a guy I know went squirrel hunting with it. He shot a squirrel and had to chase it down after it revived and was running away, apparently not shot very good. He laid down his shotgun and went chasing after the squirrel. After he caught it he couldn't remember where he laid the gun down. To this day I don't think it has ever been found. His dad wore out his butt with a belt which was common justice for being stupid in my day. Monty Oh, and great finds!

haddamite

Tenderfoot
Jun 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
absolutely WOW!!!!!

my house is a federal colonial, and i metal detected a long item in the front yard but havent dug it up, and down the road another house had a musket encased in one of the walls. that would be a dream to find a gun, but two!? i am blown away!

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the banner finds!! Can't wait to see what else you come up with there!

Steve

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't believe it! I'm just amazed- I'm so excited for you guys!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fantastic finds! Nicely done.

All the best,

Lanny

Ironman!

Mar 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Totally awesome guys and well deserved banner! Congrats on a couple of truly beautiful pieces of history!!

IM

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thrilling find!! Nicely done.

All the best,

Lanny

troypayne

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im very happy for you its stuff like that, that keeps us trying to find whatever it is we can i hope some day i can be so rewarded thank you for shairing troy

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Congrats on your research guys, that's usually always the key to great discoveries!

Dave

fuzymunky

Jul 11, 2012
CO
Detector(s) used
Retired: Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro -------
Active: White's DFX 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow!! I would probably have hit the ground in a joyous state of shock! Congrats!

I second that, except I think it would have been quite some time before I could find the strength to get back up! What a gorgeous example of the footprints of our history!

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
You are the relic king, nobody else is finding piles of relics like you do, that I know of. HH

OP
OP
HomeGuardDan

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are the relic king, nobody else is finding piles of relics like you do, that I know of. HH

Thanks for the comments guys...very fortunate. Dont know about king, just hard working with a little fortune.

HH

Dan

OP
OP
HomeGuardDan

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow guys thought i misread then i checked the pictures probably two of the best finds ever here on tnet congratulations the only problem is how do you top that ?????

Sorry I have not responded to all the kind words, I try to let this thread die so that others who are also making good finds are at the top, besides you tend to get tired of folks who post, repost, and repost again the same finds over and over again.

Thanks for the kind words...you know it is crazy to think of topping this. However last season alone, Beau managed to find two other finds (a civil war lance, and a spencer repeating rifle) that topped these in both rarity and value, however did not make banner. I can honestly say that I have had a streak of luck this summer, but his has been present for some time. I just enjoy getting out and saving some history.

@ Philvis - had I ever sold anything, I would be calling Rick up tomorrow to get me the prices he gets...then again if I sold a minnie ball for what I see in antique stores or on Ebay I could have retired years ago Ha Ha.

Keep up the great finds

Dan

ossi

Nov 3, 2011
Pannonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO INTERNATIONAL (Nel hunter)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions