Trio of silver, colonial button and some birdpoints

silversweeper

Aug 22, 2011
Swampeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a huge pile of finds but some nice ones none the less. The birdpoints came from a very early morning hunt at a field I have been hunting points on for almost 20 years now (recently counted the birdpoints in the case on my wall, these recent finds puts me over 300 nice points and I have no idea how many broken ones I've boxed up so far). Later I moved to metal detecting mode and went to one of our local hunted out parks. Was using my new 13" Ultimate DD coil on the etrac, dug some trash and some clad, and then hit a pair of mercs in one hole (literally did hit the one of them with my digger, still getting used to pinpointing with the new coil). On the way back to the van I went over some ground that I've gone over many times before, hoping the new coil might find something I'd missed before and.....it sure did. A beauty of a Barber dime, 1916 so it's not ancient but still a gorgeous little piece of silver. Too bad the mercs weren't 1916's.....with a nice D on the back! Ah well, I'm still mighty happy with a 3 silver day. It's been a while since I've topped 2 silvers in one hunt. The colonial button and fired ball came from a short Sunday hunt. The two brass pieces are actually a friend's finds. The one on the top is a large piece off of something, we don't know what. The company made everything from straight razors to shotguns to wood stoves..... The bottom piece, Meet me on the Pike, has to be from the 1904 World's Fair in St. Louis and is probably worth a pretty penny. Great find and probably measures about 2 inches square. Can't wait to get out again!! HH to all.

Attachments

• may21finds.jpg
    may21finds.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 96
  • may21finds1.jpg
    may21finds1.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 110
  • may21finds2.jpg
    may21finds2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 102
  • jeffinds.jpg
    jeffinds.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 98
Upvote 1

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice work on the targets and the points. Most of the small points found here are either jasper or obsidian.

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice points!!!! i have found almost a 100 and only 3 of em are them poison point type like them ones u have..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread