yellerstang

Jul 2, 2011
Northumberland County, PA.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

This past weekend was our annual turkey hunting, fishing, and metal detecting weekend at my buddies camp in upper Lycoming County, Pennsylvania. We had a great weekend, our most successful venture was definitely the metal detecting.

We first went to an old cemetery road and surrounding grounds (stayed off of the graves). There we found some clad quarters and dimes, lots of memorial pennies and a few wheaties. No silver this time...

Later, one of our friends took us to an old school site, there I found an Indian head penny (my first) and a wheatie. We shifted to an old homestead on this big old farm, there is where I got a 1892 Barber dime, a few more wheaties, and lots more memorial pennies. For the day, I had about 25 coins (no copper clad-that was amazing) and my hunting buddy Dale dug about 27. He had a bunch of wheaties, but no silver this time.

This was a great weekend, our friend Craig really helped us out with finding a site. Oh, we also went to an old logging camp, but all we found there were some newer coins and a LOT of scrap metal.

Jesse

Attachments

• coins 111.jpg
    coins 111.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 130
  • coins 107.jpg
    coins 107.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 117
  • coins 109.jpg
    coins 109.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 116
  • coins 105.jpg
    coins 105.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 133
  • coins 104.jpg
    coins 104.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 2

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Jesse ! Nice Finds.

good to read Dale got some hunting in also !
He's really got to learn that Computer & Join Tnet ! :laughing7:

OP
OP
yellerstang

yellerstang

Jul 2, 2011
Northumberland County, PA.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all for the nice replies. We had a great time, cant wait for next year.

Jeff, I told Dale that the pc stuff is easy. He just needs to sit down and go for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions