Today ~ first time out with the new Fisher F70 :o)

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! No silver tho, not yet anyway as I haven't completed the front, side and back yard to the old 1860's farm house that I started today, short on time with a busy holiday weekend and rain in the mix for the next two days. But we need the rain and it'll help soften up that hard dried yard there.

I'll have to get a pic of the house and landscape next time... but here's today's digs, first was the 1931 Cyrus McCormick Reaper tokenbut he battled my digger as I am learning to pinpoint and read my new machine. This is my 2nd dug Cyrus token in 9yrs but I have an super nice one that belonged to my grandfather that mom passd on to me :thumbsup:

2nd dig was a nice 1906 Indain Head cent, sweet! As you'll see, another digger battle to the face :(

And just before my wife called.... a nicely detailed 1918 Wheatie 8-) I'll take that too!

Until the next visit, the old farmers yard waits for me! The owner is around 65yrs old and has lived there since he was 10yrs old. I should probably give him everything I find as it's all his own stuff anyway :laughing7:

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0067.JPG
    IMG_0067.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0068.JPG
    IMG_0068.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0069.JPG
    IMG_0069.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 89
Upvote 0

Digs68

Apr 14, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those coins are in pretty good condition. I've often wondered at the fascination with creating tokens in the early years. I've found a Victoria Cordage token a few weeks ago. Anyone have any input as to why there's so many different tokens created by so many different companies? Were they like baseball cards back then or something?

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. Congrats on the new machine.

I am heading to NY tomorrow to visit some folks and taking my detector with for the day just in case.
I cannot believe all the parks you guys have up there that I can see from the maps. Yowzers!

OP
OP
Diggincoinz

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! yes the dirt was quite dry and seems to be a well drained yard that doesn't stay wet too long. That really helps those coins a lot!

Nice finds. Congrats on the new machine.

I am heading to NY tomorrow to visit some folks and taking my detector with for the day just in case.
I cannot believe all the parks you guys have up there that I can see from the maps. Yowzers!

Whoa! Just stay out of the NY State parks, they're off limits! Ton's of county parks tho :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Diggincoinz

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! How do you like the F70 compared to your Xterra so far?

Oh I'm liking it a lot! The respsonse time is so much quicker but I haven't used it much out in the open fields as of yet. Think that'll have to wait until late October for the crops to come out. I'm definately getting depth easily with it and it's much lighter in weight.

I really liked the X-Terra 70 don't get me wrong there, that machine had found me lots and lots of goodies over these past few years of owning it and I learned that machine well. Hunt in all metal was my best deal with that one. Now with the Fisher I'm pretty near all metal mode but still learning the sounds and numbering codes. It was great last weekend in a competition hunt where only quarters were planted so the high pitch reading 82-84 was spot on even at a very quick pace!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread