Three artillery shells in one day!

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had some great luck today. I only had a few hours this afternoon, but managed to outdo my wildest expectations. The Confederate Archer shell is a first for me. It's a rare little shell and I never expected to come across one. I also found a Parrott and a Hotchkiss, plus plenty of bullets and old CW era sinkers. I'll be working on a video of the hunt, and think I have some pretty good footage. Thanks for checking out my post!

DSCN3114.JPG

Wanted to add this picture of the Archer shell after one day of electrolysis. Another day or two and it will be right as rain. Apparently it is a rare variant of a rare shell. Still smiling ear to ear!

DSCN3122.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 3
OP
OP
aquachigger

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that must be a real nice display. Make sure you mark them as to what they are. You don't want that stuff to be trashed one day. We won't be around forever.

Thanks guys. I try to label all of the big stuff and keep the smaller things together in display containers that are marked by where I found them. Of course, photographing my finds everyday helps keep them straight as well. I've been doing that for many years now.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an awesome day!! That had to be no-stop digging for as long as you were in the water! The Archer is a real beauty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions