APs Awesome Day!!!

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
AP's Awesome Day!!!

Went on a lil roadtrip today with Kent, the gentleman who lives next to the soccer field Ive been detecting fer a month or so. He took me to a small town called Blackfoot, hit a couple parks & we had a great day! I doubt many people have been hunting these parks cause we cleaned up on the clad! Kent is an older gent, railroad retiree, and he is one hell of a good detectorist, he got as much or more clad as I did & he just kept chuggin along long after I was wore down & ready to give up! I got 16 quarters, 22 dimes, 2 nickels (??) 47 pennies, 1 Shakies Pizza token, a pewter chess pawn, a dime flattened into a token & 2 rings (the gold ring & the sterling CTR ring). The other two cheapy rings I found last night with LQ & thought Id toss em in the pic. I found the Bully Dog plate in the grass, its a metal decal. The sterling ring is a Mormon CTR ring, Kent has found 28 of them over the years! The gold one appears to be stamped & plated but is sweet lookin.............LQ has laid claim to it. :( My new machine is smokin' hot & is a quarter/dime slayer and now Ive found 4 rings in two trips with it, realy am quite happy with it. Kent.........if you read this I want to thank you for a great trip & I know we will do it again before we're buried in snow! ;D

CTR rings as I understand, are given to or purchased by teenagers when they go on their 2 year missions. I have a Mormon friend who recently told me what CTR stands for but I cant remember, if anybody knows please post. :)

Attachments

• 10-29-06 Blackfoot1.jpg
    10-29-06 Blackfoot1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,084
  • 10-29-06 Blackfoot rings.jpg
    10-29-06 Blackfoot rings.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,090
Upvote 0

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: AP's Awesome Day!!!

Seems like an awesome day to me....Good job :)

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sounds like the detector is serving the purpose!! Congrats on the nice rings and great haul of Coins!!! Impressive!

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The CTR is something the kids get when they turn about 8 and are baptized. Most of them that I find here in Utah are for very small hands. If you get to hunt a playground attached to a church you can find gobs of the aluminum adjustible rings.

AP are you talking Blackfoot, ID? Just wondering, that is where my family is from. Blackfoot used to be a very large railroad town way way back in the day. I believe that it used to be possibly the busiest town in the west shipping cattle and agricultural goods back east.

Happy hunting

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AP,

What can I say?

You had a hellofaday.

WTG ;D

;) RR

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

Yes, Blackfoot Idaho! Im 30 miles south in Pokey, we hunted Jensons Grove & Riverside Park today, the gentleman I hunted with is a railroad retiree & he just told me Blackfoot was a huge railway hub back in the day. Nice place, quaint lil town.............it was very good to me today! If you ever get up to Blackfoot let me know & we'll go huntin', eh? :)

Z

ZumbroKid

Could not pass up posting to say hello to the Mighty AP. Yes those western towns seem to have very few detectorists to hunt them. Later Guy.

M

mchamby

wow, nice ring, loads of clad and a new hunting pard, what can be better,
HH
Mchamby

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi A.p. congrats on your finds and mormon relics thats different. ;D ;D ;D

tinpan

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

great stuff ap! its nice to see you getting out and making nice finds. as for me , i`ll have to wait until im done with the flu :'(. anyway. nice stuff!

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts

great digs,,,, lot of rings.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
nothing like digging a ring to keep ya going... :o :o :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread