Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Rare coin worth THOUSANDS!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sep 2011
    Fingerlakes Region, NY
    Fisher 1236-X2 & Los Banos Gold Bug
    10 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    AU! That's great Joe. I'm glad this thread has been reopened and can't wait for the results. You're doin' what we all hope to do someday. I still can't get over the fact that it was your 1st silver coin found. Congrats again man. Good luck at the auction. Dug

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Jan 2010
    San Angelo TX
    Garrett GPT 1350, Predator
    9 times
    Still waiting for the update and to see that check.....?

us
    Apr 2010
    St. Pete, Fl
    CTX 3030 / Etrac / T2se Pistol Probe / Pro Pointer / VibraProbe 580
    73 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Way Cool!!
    Banner
    Bunker

"Lost Recovered...History Discovered"

us
    Apr 2007
    West Michigan
    White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
    Great find! I'm jealous!

us
    Joe

Sep 2007
    Long Beach, California
    XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark
    614 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (4)
    I Vote BANNER Find!

(Yes,,I know it's ineligible.. but I can still vote)

CONGRATS! SmokinJoe

It's a beautiful, rare, valuable coin! It's the kind of coin I deserve to find...maybe one day.

I've read EVERY comment on here and it's been entertaining but a little sad that we all didn't stick to the point...that being THIS is an amazing and wonderful find in our hobby that we all are happy SmokinJoe found!

I do agree with CRU's opinions but they kind of belong in another place where such opinions can be aired more directly.
    CRUSADER likes this.
    Regards, Joe (California)

us
    Bobby

Apr 2006
    Eastern North Carolina
    Minelab E-Trac, Garrett ProPointer, SunRay Pro Gold Headphones. Previousdetectors were White's, Garrett's and others.
    3 times
    dude, what a dweeb comment! This is banner!!

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    7496 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggingNC View Post
    dude, what a dweeb comment! This is banner!!
    It is not qualified as a banner find, it was found before he became a TN member.........
    CRUSADER likes this.

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Coinstriking Michigan View Post
    Crusader, don't worry about the property owner. This is Joe's find and he doesn't need to explain himself to anyone. Feel free to give landowners their rightful share in England if you choose. You sound elitist and smug. Maybe this is why the population of Treasurenet as dwindled vastly.
    I don't worry about the owner, its about the finder.
    (if you wish to not share equally with the owners, carry on)

He/you only needs to explain it to God, or maybe you think otherwise.
    I sleep at night. Maybe one day you will get a great find, until then, keep your thoughts to yourself, because you have little or no experience to add to this. Happy Hunting
    Last edited by CRUSADER; Jul 02, 2012 at 06:07 PM.
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT, YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' - me 25/06/08
    How do you find Gold coins? Reply: 'By finding lots of Silver ones..'
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground.' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.

us
    Jun 2012
    beebe arkansas
    e-track
    One in a life time find like killing a boon and crockett buck on your first time out. way to go

us
    Mar 2009
    New Hampshire
    Minelab E-trac
    325 times
    Looks like an NGC AU Details Environmental Damage piece sold in April at heritage for $18,400. That one looks to be in a little better condition, but $15k+ looks to be a real possibility for your piece!! Assuming 15% commission, that's about $13,000 hammer and minus 5% seller commission, that's a nice tidy takehome of over $12k. After taxes (I'm no tax man), you might just walk away with $10k! Got my fingers crossed for you.

us
    Feb 2006
    Castle Shannon, PA
    Whites MXT
    14 times
    Will be tough to top that one man. The pics on the auction website really show the incredible detail on the coin. Good luck with the auction and congratulations!

us
    Sep 2010
    Greenacres WA
    1 times
    Wow...what an amazing find!

Jun 2012
    54 times
    Congrats smokin' joe, I'd be camping out where you found this one! Awesome find and thanx for the pics too. swamp yankee

Quote Originally Posted by testing123 View Post
    Looks like an NGC AU Details Environmental Damage piece sold in April at heritage for $18,400. That one looks to be in a little better condition, but $15k+ looks to be a real possibility for your piece!! Assuming 15% commission, that's about $13,000 hammer and minus 5% seller commission, that's a nice tidy takehome of over $12k. After taxes (I'm no tax man), you might just walk away with $10k! Got my fingers crossed for you.
    You guys seem to forget the owners share (shame it seems to be me, me, me)

Oh well good luck with all your money win. Spend it wisely. (MY FINGERS ARE CROSSED FOR THE LANDOWNER)
    Last edited by CRUSADER; Jul 06, 2012 at 06:41 PM.
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT, YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' - me 25/06/08
    How do you find Gold coins? Reply: 'By finding lots of Silver ones..'
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground.' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.

us
    Nov 2008
    Pikes Peak
    Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
    369 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    WooooooW !!! I was dancing a couple of weeks ago when I not only found my first seated,it was also a half,& has a CC mint mark,which was also my first CC mint mark, it is an 1877 and in very worn condition,but I'm not jealous,no I'm not jealous !!!!!!!! Congraulations on such a beautiful & rare find !!!!

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    7496 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CRUSADER View Post
    You guys seem to forget the owners share (shame it seems to be me, me, me)

Oh well good luck with all your money win. Spend it wisely. (MY FINGERS ARE CROSSED FOR THE LANDOWNER)
    C., he had permission to hunt the land by the land owner, in this country there is no law saying he has to share it with the land owner unless prior arrangements were made, he only has to share the money with the taxman.

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

TreasureNet.com Rules

May 2012
    If you guys are so hardcore with rules, then shouldn't this banner thread be deleted? If I'm not mistaken it violates the first rule "You may not.... Post, upload, send personal messages, transmit or otherwise make available any inappropriate, inaccurate, abusive, hateful, vulgar, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, or unlawful content."

Isn't the title inaccurate? http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...ml#post2740889
    Hey, rules are rules...

BANNER!
    Last edited by Eswanny11; Jul 08, 2012 at 10:25 AM.

Charter Member
    us

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    7496 times
    Our rules have been in place for years and there is nothing about the title or this thread that violates our rules. He made a fantastic fine, just because it isn't qualified to be on the banner does not take anything away from his find.

TreasureNet.com Rules

May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Our rules have been in place for years and there is nothing about the title or this thread that violates our rules. He made a fantastic fine, just because it isn't qualified to be on the banner does not take anything away from his find.
    I am referring to the thread that I copied and pasted.

Charter Member
    us

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    7496 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Eswanny11 View Post
    I am referring to the thread that I copied and pasted.
    That wasn't clear.... I looked at thread in question, he titled it that way as an April Fools joke, in first line he explained it was an April Fools joke and post made on april 1st,. The thread is fine....Coin found is legitimate find, since it dates from US ccolonial period he titled it as such as the joke........................

TreasureNet.com Rules

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Sponsors