Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Rare coin worth THOUSANDS!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    umrgolf
    Quote Originally Posted by MaineRelic View Post
    It reminded me why I do not post on this site anymore and reinforced my feelings that I made the right decision. I venture to say that even before the members of this site are done with Joe he will be or already is sorry he posted this find . Great find Joe , Good luck at auction MaineRelic
    You write as though you're the victim. What about February when I found the Civil War coin spill and you left a reply on someone else's thread.. didn't it read something like this?

"maybe you would make the banner if you found four small silver coins and labeled it as a Civil War coin spill"

You made a direct violation of the rules and should have been banned from the site for such an idiotic comment.

us
    Nov 2011
    Denver Metro, Colorado
    Whites MXT, Garrett Propointer
    98 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by steelheadwill View Post
    Super Silver Find! Congrats
    I'd recommend posting all your 'interesting finds', not just the 'Stunners'.
    Myself and others are interested in seeing anything special you might find.
    When I started, I was so excited about finding anything old, I posted most everything I found,
    It seems that beginners luck is a real occurrence in this field, (it certainly was for me).
    So keep on digging, post the stuff you find, and tell us a story.
    With site research, knowing your detector and putting in the hours,
    you'll get another find worthy of Banner Status.
    Also think about submitting your story to the detecting mags, you got a really good chance
    of getting this coin in one of the 'best of' issues.
    I hope you got your fill of holding that piece before it was sent off,
    Enjoy your windfall! HH & Keep em coming!

At the Denver Coin show a friend of mine had a 1873 cc dime he dug and Coin World magazine was interested in his coin as they were doing a two part series on Carson City coins. They should be interested in your story.

us
    Mar 2008
    MAINE
    Tesorso's
    608 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by umrgolf View Post
    You write as though you're the victim. What about February when I found the Civil War coin spill and you left a reply on someone else's thread.. didn't it read something like this?

"maybe you would make the banner if you found four small silver coins and labeled it as a Civil War coin spill"

You made a direct violation of the rules and should have been banned from the site for such an idiotic comment.
    You did made the banner with four small silver coins from the 19th century. In your post you called it a civil war spill. I never made a comment about the authenticity of your find . If you made the banner finding four small silvers from the 19th century calling it a civil war spill. Why would it not be reasonable to assume or to tell someone else that if you want to make the banner go find 4 small silver coins from the 19th century and call it a civil war spill .
    You were the first to call it a civil war spill. I just reiterated what you called it. How is that breaking the rules on here ?
    MaineRelic.

umrgolf
    You did made the banner with four small silver coins from the 19th century. In your post you called it a civil war spill. I never made a comment about the authenticity of your find . If you made the banner finding four small silvers from the 19th century calling it a civil war spill. Why would it not be reasonable to assume or to tell someone else that if you want to make the banner go find 4 small silver coins from the 19th century and call it a civil war spill .
    You were the first to call it a civil war spill. I just reiterated what you called it. How is that breaking the rules on here ?

You can spin it however you want. Of course I was the first to call it a civil war spill since I was the one who found it.... with dozens of civil war relics surrounding the coins.. Bottom line is you know what you meant and what message you intended to send. In my moment of excitement hunting a CW camp and finding a nice coin spill, you had to come and piss in my cheerios. I guess it was just comical to read your comment about being a victim on this site. Keep up the good work.

Mud
    us
    Dec 2008
    Buford, Ga
    Minelab e-trac, Fisher f5
    5 times
    FANTASTIC FIND !
    2012 totals: CLAD 495 pennies,14 nickels,123 dimes, 52 quarters.1 dollar coin.
    1 gold ring, 10 wheaties,2 silver roosevelt dimes, 1 silver quarter, 2 other silver.

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5521 times
    It reminded me why I do not post on this site anymore and reinforced my feelings that I made the right decision. I venture to say that even before the members of this site are done with Joe he will be or already is sorry he posted this find . Great find Joe , Good luck at auction MaineRelic
    Who has done anything to him here ?

Charter Member
    us

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5521 times
    Quote Originally Posted by baspinall View Post
    That is one sweet find! Just goes to show, you never know. Shouldn't this be up top by now?

Banner coin.

Joe found this before becoming a member here.

although it would have made Banner if he had found it today,
    he cannot get a banner on a find from his past.

Charter Member
    us

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5521 times
    He got the banner on number of banner reports.

Did you ever think he got the banner of the fact it was a spill of some nice old coins ?
    and would have even if the title said nice spill found ?

May 2012
    1 times
    Man. I thought a md forum would be pretty drama free. Buuuut this is the internet after all. I guess the internet doesn't do drama free lmao.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    8874 times
    As stated in your signiture Thats your opinion ! But of course you are a moderator so yours counts .
    Only time my opinion "counts" more than other members is when it comes to TN rules being broken, just like the other moderators and admins............

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    Sep 2007
    New Jersey
    Whites V3i and DFX
    790 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MaineRelic
    As stated in your signiture Thats your opinion ! But of course you are a moderator so yours counts .

Wow dude, What's all the hard feelings regarding t-net.

us
    Jun 2011
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Minelab Explorer SE Pro
    40 times
    I would say just lock the thread.

us
    Mar 2007
    Northwest Missouri
    ACE 250
    40 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I have seen it happen here a few times when an incredible find is made a few folks demand incredible proof or insinuate that the person posting such a find is making it up. I decided a long time ago that if I felt that the post was suspect that i would simply just not reply to it. It's really sad that the guy that posted this coin had to come back and defend his honesty instead of just enjoying his find and the positive comments that it deserved.

Congrats again Smokinjoe on a great find, please don't let this expierence keep you from coming back and posting more finds.

HH Charlie
    umrgolf likes this.

us
    ayuh !

Oct 2008
    fla la land
    minelab excalibur
    Nice find ! Wish i could find a coin like that....silver.
    beach bum ! golf bum ! one way or another i'll be a swingin !

May 2012
    2 times
    what the f#%&& is this banner? some want to explain it from top to bottom for us new folks?
    instead of just telling new members" you cant be on the banner cause you are new" some of us have not a clue what you are talking about

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Sponsors