Eagle "I" Officers Cuff Button & Tonto Nearly Got Skunked Yesterday!!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Eagle "I" Officer's Cuff Button & Tonto Nearly Got Skunked Yesterday!!

With the cool front that came through Tennessee yesterday, it felt a little like Fall and I felt the urge to hunt CW relics even with most sites grassed over. Yesterday, I scouted a field near a large U.S. Infantry Camp where hay had been cut and came one lone .58 cal. bullet from getting skunked. No need to take the Tennessee Trio & Tenn. Digger back there. I look at it like "One spot eliminated".
Today, I went to a Gen. Morgan CSA Cavalry Camp just because it was a nice day with low humidity. Dman chose to hone his golf game. I was surprised to get a "47" reading on my F75 as I hunted around weeds in the pasture. About 7 inches down, out came an Eagle Infantry Officer's Cuff Button. Morgan's troops probably "appropriated" a Yankee uniform-LOL. I'll take it!! Still alive and looking forward to Fall, Quindy.

MY CW Relics in 2012=296

Attachments

• Eagle I from Morgan Camp & Scout Trip Bullet 6-1-12.jpg
    Eagle I from Morgan Camp & Scout Trip Bullet 6-1-12.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 107
Upvote 1

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Q, Glad to you pulled the Infantry Button & Bullet. WTG! We got your cool front today here in NC; it was absolutely beautiful with NO humidity. I had already made prior commitments, so I didn't get to swing, but glad you did. :thumbsup: Breezie

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds. The weather was finally cool in Maryland also. Looking forward to the fall harvest.

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great recoveries Quindy :thumbsup:

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool relics!!!

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Breezie, RR3, Roger, and JC. On Friday, it was 59 degrees and misting rain with a srong North wind. It really did feel like Autumn. HH, Quindy.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Q .. never found an Eagle I in SJ but glad you are getting your share of them :laughing7: I have been taking a break but I am getting stir crazy .. I must get some diggin's even it means taking risks of bodily harm :sunny:

DAWG

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you avoided the "skunk" Quindy. I know what you mean by the cooler weather triggering your relic hunting urges.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Q .. never found an Eagle I in SJ but glad you are getting your share of them :laughing7: I have been taking a break but I am getting stir crazy .. I must get some diggin's even it means taking risks of bodily harm :sunny:

DAWG
Thanks OS, Dawg, and Steve. Not many opportunities to hunt without burning up between now and Fall guys. HH, Quindy.

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Quindy, good to talk to you this morning. I know where your find came from and so that makes it even better. Although that is a large field, it has been looked on about 10,000 times! I don't see how there was anything left but because of your "never give up" style of hunting, only you could find something there. Me likes! Tennessee digger

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great hunt ! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Quindy, good to talk to you this morning. I know where your find came from and so that makes it even better. Although that is a large field, it has been looked on about 10,000 times! I don't see how there was anything left but because of your "never give up" style of hunting, only you could find something there. Me likes! Tennessee digger

Thanks Donnie, H, and, Burdie. No banners but a banner comes by maybe every 3 or 4 years IF you hunt a lot or are real lucky. Only a few are really lucky. Thanks for taking time to reply and come on Fall!! HH, Quindy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread