Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 642082 View attachment 642083 Well this is gonna be kindda weird so here goes, Went to a construction site south of Dalton,Its about past the hunting stage,
Concrete poured,The sites filling up, I had a little luck and found a rifle sling buckle beside a trench that had been dug the last
couple of days,And while i was looking at the buckle I noticed a strange looking stick laying at my feet, I picked it up and about
S@!% my pants this is what i found, Any Ideas on what to do next?I stopped A deputy sherriff and he wanted no part of it. It
looks old enough to be from the time, just not sure how to proceed.Any help with this unique problem is welcomed. ...HH View attachment 642081 View attachment 642083 P.S. Guess I should Have stated that I think it's human, Maybe a piece of a shin bone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stand Watie

Mar 24, 2012
Greenwood SC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First thing I would do is shoot the site with a GPS to mark the exact spot. Then I would take the bone fragment to either a hospital or university/college and get verification that it's really human from someone that knows what they are doing. A university then may want to age it to see how old it is. If it is of the right era they may want the archeology department to check the site out. If they aren't interested then that's about all there is going to be to it. You'll just have to drop it and always wonder. Just my 2¢

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope it isnt my ex wife

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is too small to be an adult tibia, if human remains, it would have to be a child's ???

okerraine

Mar 24, 2009
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Teknetics T2 Minelab equinox 800 CTX Firty Firty
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be a pig or cow bone from a trash pit or defunct privy nearby that got dozed.

silversweeper

Aug 22, 2011
Swampeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No worries, that's either cow or pig. Too hollow to be human and too big to be deer. HH

OP
OP
Gunrunner61

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the input. I'm leaving now for the local hospital just to satisfy myself. Hope er'body hits the jackpot today. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread