Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jan 2011
    Dalton,Ga.
    Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
    448 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

The Bare Bone

Attachment 642082Attachment 642083Well this is gonna be kindda weird so here goes, Went to a construction site south of Dalton,Its about past the hunting stage,
    Concrete poured,The sites filling up, I had a little luck and found a rifle sling buckle beside a trench that had been dug the last
    couple of days,And while i was looking at the buckle I noticed a strange looking stick laying at my feet, I picked it up and about
    S@!% my pants this is what i found, Any Ideas on what to do next?I stopped A deputy sherriff and he wanted no part of it. It
    looks old enough to be from the time, just not sure how to proceed.Any help with this unique problem is welcomed. ...HHAttachment 642081Attachment 642083P.S. Guess I should Have stated that I think it's human, Maybe a piece of a shin bone.
    Last edited by Gunrunner61; Jun 02, 2012 at 11:29 PM.

If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams-

us
    Mar 2012
    Greenwood SC
    18 times
    Prospecting
    First thing I would do is shoot the site with a GPS to mark the exact spot. Then I would take the bone fragment to either a hospital or university/college and get verification that it's really human from someone that knows what they are doing. A university then may want to age it to see how old it is. If it is of the right era they may want the archeology department to check the site out. If they aren't interested then that's about all there is going to be to it. You'll just have to drop it and always wonder. Just my 2ó
    So far, this is the longest I've ever lived. ~ Sigman Fraud

Apr 2012
    Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
    380 times
    I hope it isnt my ex wife

Apr 2012
    Clark County Washington
    Tiger Shark 8" coil, Tejon 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones Whites TRX pointer Minelab Quattro, Garrett gold stinger
    210 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dustytrails123 View Post
    I hope it isnt my ex wife
    And I was hoping it was one of my Xes
    It's no wonder truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense. Mark Twain

us
    Nov 2011
    Kzoo County, MI
    Garrett ATPro, Garrett ACE350, Fisher CZ-20, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
    142 times
    Metal Detecting
    It is too small to be an adult tibia, if human remains, it would have to be a child's

us
    Mar 2009
    Central Kentucky
    Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
    126 times
    Might be a pig or cow bone from a trash pit or defunct privy nearby that got dozed.

us
    Aug 2011
    Swampeast Missouri
    Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030
    216 times
    No worries, that's either cow or pig. Too hollow to be human and too big to be deer. HH

us
    Jan 2011
    Dalton,Ga.
    Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
    448 times
    Thanks for all the input. I'm leaving now for the local hospital just to satisfy myself. Hope er'body hits the jackpot today. HH

If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams-

us
    real pirate

May 2011
    NE Ohio
    Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
    192 times

Sponsors