I GOT ANOTHER EAGLE!!!!!! Update 10/31! Make it Three~!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH my gosh ya'll! I am so glad to have someone to share detecting stories with~! :)

Remember the Eagle button that I found a couple of weeks ago?

Well here's the story today. ;D

Got all my usual Monday morning things done and the weather was so nice and sunny. Seventy two degrees. Perfect. I had been studying my maps and knew that there was another old homesite very near to the place where I found the eagle button. The place where I thought it might be was in the pasture, but on top of the mountain. :P I had already made up my mind that today would just be a recon day. Really didn't expect to find much, but looked forward to the day out. After a long trek up the mountain and a couple of minutes of rest, I began to find iron! Yea! First good sign! I wanted to know what the iron was so I started diggin. First the nails and then some what's it's then a buckle! Neat! Ok...I am on to something here. Get a really big horseshoe and then a little grey button. I have run out of water and decided to call it a day but I can't leave here without a good pic of the scenery! So I go all the way back to the car, rest a few minutes, drink some water and slowly go back up that mountain. After the rest and the pics were made, I just had to spend a few more minutes detecting before leaving again. Glad I did! Dug up a heel plate and there was a piece of pottery in there with it! Now! That's what I am looking for! Where there's pottery...there was a house! By this time the crickets are starting their chirping and it's getting bout time to leave so I decide that I will dig ONE MORE good signal. ;) And yep....there it was..A nice Eagle button with a back!!!!! It says Waterbury Scovill MFG CO

Now I gotta run a cook some dinner. I'm pooped!

Hope ya had a great day too!

Nana :)

Attachments

• 100_6083.jpg
    100_6083.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,437
  • 100_6108.jpg
    100_6108.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,384
  • 100_6105.jpg
    100_6105.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,395
  • 100_6103.jpg
    100_6103.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,421
  • 100_6100.jpg
    100_6100.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,423
  • 100_6099.jpg
    100_6099.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,423
Upvote 0

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Re: I GOT ANOTHER EAGLE!!!!!!

Very nice Nana.

Weather was great throughout the country today. High 60's here today in pa also.

Very nice civil war era general service eagle button with the shank still intact. Very good indicator more is out there.

HH Jer

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

COOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

HH
-GC

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks ya'll! :)

Sherm...I walked all the way down that mountain and all the way back up just so's you could have a picture to look at! :D Here's you another. ;) Behind that house is where I found the first eagle button.

Haupin...thank you! I looked and couldn't see a date on it. This is my first to find, so I was happy to have found it.

WSD....War Eagle!!! ;D

You gonna find that button Civil...I know you will! :)

Wish you were all here with me too! :)

Attachments

• 100_6092.jpg
    100_6092.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,124

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Very Nice Nana,
That is better than a lot of coins! makes you wonder the history behind it!

musclecar

Oct 15, 2006
Nampa Idaho
Detector(s) used
White MXT

Nice day Nana! Definitely a CW button,, can see "scoville" on the back. I was lucky enough to find two of those, so it brings back good memories of my day in the sun:)

MC

musclecar

Oct 15, 2006
Nampa Idaho
Detector(s) used
White MXT

I also see a rifle shell, and some shotgun bases. Those would be worth checking into also:)

MC

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi nana, you find some mighty fine buttons and hope your luck continues. congrats

tinpan

dasabighole

Sep 11, 2006
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Nautilus / Tesoro/T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CW? PLEASE WAR OF NORTHERN AGGRESION!!! I KNEW YOU WERE GITTIN CLOSE THE TOE PLATE, EAGLE LOOKS LIKE AT LEAST A PICKET POST, BEING ON THE HILL. SEE ALL THE GROUND ACTION ON THAT BUTTON? WELL THE CONFEDERATES USUALLY WONT HAVE THAT. THATS WHAT I HOPE YOU FIND NEXT. I GOT A NICE 1836 1/2 DIME SUN. WHERE I FOUND THE CONFED GARDNER SAT. BY THE BRIDGE. I'LL TRY A PIC SOON.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

Thanks for the pictures Nana. I'm glad you went back to get the camera. :)

That button is a great find. Very cool. Exciting to think of what else you might find there. Good luck.

Mirage

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OMG Nana :o

One for you, one for me, two for you, one for me. ::)

Congratulations, "Button Queen" ;D

;) RR

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here is what I found the other day. :'( :'( :'( Zilch!!! Here is what I think of your finds. :P :P :P Just kidding I wish I was there to enjoy your finds. ;D ;D Just a little jealous

Burdie :)

Hawkeye Jim

Jul 24, 2006
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher C$

Great eagle button you got there Nana - and it looks like you have hours of more fun ahead of you!!! HH - Hawkeye Jim.

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pardon Das. ;D I'm gonna look for that pic of the 1/2 dime!! WoW! :o

Thank ya for the link Lara! :)

Burdie...stop right here...don't read the rest! :D

Ok..back out to the same site. Tried to put up some tree branches in fairly squared areas so I could keep in somewhat of a straight line today. :P This area is so big that it's really hard to cover the entire area, plus the grass is tall, and that makes it difficult too. But I did manage to find a few more goodies! Found the other button and this one has an "I" in the shield but no makers mark that I can see. I also found this little piece that I am not sure what it is...it has some fancy little scroll on it..very small though. And then the two little round things and two more of those TOE plates. ;D Another piece or two of pottery and the musketballs. I think I have found enough pieces of iron to have the whole cooking pot too! :P Lots of stuff today, some of it I had to leave for next time..my pockets were full! Thanks ya'll...and if you have any ideas as to what any of this stuff is...PLEASE...do tell!

Attachments

• 100_6094.jpg
    100_6094.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 815
  • 100_6114.jpg
    100_6114.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 802
  • 100_6117.jpg
    100_6117.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 797
  • 100_6112.jpg