I GOT ANOTHER EAGLE!!!!!! Update 10/31! Make it Three~!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH my gosh ya'll! I am so glad to have someone to share detecting stories with~! :)

Remember the Eagle button that I found a couple of weeks ago?

Well here's the story today. ;D

Got all my usual Monday morning things done and the weather was so nice and sunny. Seventy two degrees. Perfect. I had been studying my maps and knew that there was another old homesite very near to the place where I found the eagle button. The place where I thought it might be was in the pasture, but on top of the mountain. :P I had already made up my mind that today would just be a recon day. Really didn't expect to find much, but looked forward to the day out. After a long trek up the mountain and a couple of minutes of rest, I began to find iron! Yea! First good sign! I wanted to know what the iron was so I started diggin. First the nails and then some what's it's then a buckle! Neat! Ok...I am on to something here. Get a really big horseshoe and then a little grey button. I have run out of water and decided to call it a day but I can't leave here without a good pic of the scenery! So I go all the way back to the car, rest a few minutes, drink some water and slowly go back up that mountain. After the rest and the pics were made, I just had to spend a few more minutes detecting before leaving again. Glad I did! Dug up a heel plate and there was a piece of pottery in there with it! Now! That's what I am looking for! Where there's pottery...there was a house! By this time the crickets are starting their chirping and it's getting bout time to leave so I decide that I will dig ONE MORE good signal. ;) And yep....there it was..A nice Eagle button with a back!!!!! It says Waterbury Scovill MFG CO

Now I gotta run a cook some dinner. I'm pooped!

Hope ya had a great day too!

Nana :)

Attachments

• 100_6083.jpg
    100_6083.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,437
  • 100_6099.jpg
    100_6099.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,423
  • 100_6100.jpg
    100_6100.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,423
  • 100_6103.jpg
    100_6103.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,421
  • 100_6105.jpg
    100_6105.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,395
  • 100_6108.jpg
    100_6108.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,384
Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
WTG Nana!!! With those kinds of finds, you should have no trouble walking-I know I'd be floating. LOL
I almost have a suspicion that you may have found some kind of camp. ???

M

mchamby

Great finds Nana, I'm happy for you, I hope you can get back there and give it another stab, who knows what you may find.
HH
Mchamby

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana,

You're on the roll now...I can't believe you got a 3rd one.

Congratulations BQ!!!! ;D

;) RR

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Nana Suprema!

When I saw your digs I thought you had found my site ;D If you threw in axe heads and harmonica reeds you'd have it.

Congrats Nana and you really deserve to find these great things and more.

Badger

D

dugupfinds

The little gray button, if lead is a Victorian skirt weight. Sewn into the hem with others to keep the naughty men from seeing their ankles.

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Dang Nana, guess I have to come help you cover that all ground ! Very cool you are getting a little assortment of buttons there. First the general service buttons, now an Infantry I, very nice !

dasabighole

Sep 11, 2006
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Nautilus / Tesoro/T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yasum!! I noed hit, I jis noed it!!! Dem dah be toe plates, eny sumwereever a YANKEE wint he be losein he toe plates, das fum kikin in de chickin hous doe a theebin foke chikinz. Rottin debles!! En day buddons cum off fum cryin ta put too meny chikinz don day cote. Day ought be a preshus plinty chikin bonz lyin rount de plaze too.UH huh. Say wut mosheen you usin? Is you dowsein de plaze.

dasabighole

Sep 11, 2006
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Nautilus / Tesoro/T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
translation: Yes mam! I knew it! I just knew it! Those are toe plates, anywhere a yankee would go he would lose his toe plates. That is from kicking in chickin house doors, stealing peoples chickins. Rotten Devils! Also their buttons came off because they would try to put too many chickins down their coats. There should be many chickin bones lying around the site. Yes. What kind of detector are you using, are you using a dowsing rod?

DiggingFl

Oct 4, 2006
North FL.
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer XS and X-Terra 50
Another button, your on a roll Nana. Hope you find a bunch more. WTG. Great looking site to. Got to just love being out side in a place like that. HH

johnrielly

Jun 14, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
QUESTION are those eagle buttons civil war or did they make them later also. I have found 3 eagle buttons recently also and im wondering dates.

ticotiger14

Jul 29, 2004
Congrats Nana, You are the Button Queen,
Looks like your on to a good spot, keep a digging it up.
No telling whats next, maybe a gold coin out their, you never know.
HH, Tico

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet nana your on a roll the toe taps are awsome too... means theres lots o goodies there! hh jd

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Nana,

That is really awesome. Your 3rd one. WOW. I can see why the !!!!! on your post. IF I found one I would be insanely happy.

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I dont know what you're doin' Nana....but keep on doin' it.The landscape down in Bama' look's alot like the farm's I'm huntin up here at Antietam....Just no button's yet!Excellent job...soon enough you'll have enough for a jacket....HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread