Another gold ring! Just in time for the treasure club meeting tomorrow...

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out to this field... I dunno...5 times over the last 18 months maybe? I'd put in at least 10 hours on it. The field had given me nothing. Two pot metal charms, that was it, besides some clads. It was aggressively withholding the goods from me.

Today, I tried to start off in the sun, but it was too darn hot. There was a big patch of shade from a tree on the west side of the field, so I walked over until I was fully in the shade right on one of the white chalk lines.

I took an initial swing right where I stood and got a strong poptop signal directly by the line. That was it! In and out in maybe 7 minutes. When you hit it like that, it feels good. But back of that 7 minutes was at least 10 hours in which this field had done everything it could to discourage me.

It's a wedding band, marked 14k. It weighs 3.07 grams, scrap value of 14k at today's market: $93.50.

This is my 3rd gold ring this year. I resolved on new years to start hitting all the low signals to find gold, and its been working.

Attachments

• DSC09957.JPG
    DSC09957.JPG
    418.5 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro