SIX CIVIL WAR ARTILLERY SHELLS IN ONE DAY!!!

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My digging buddy HomeGuardDan and I had a great day on the river yesterday. It started out shaky because all of the rivers were high and muddy from the recent rains. Ended up having to dodge some lightening bolts and a few water snakes, but we had some luck nonetheless! Pictured are me and Dan plus the six Civil War artillery shells that we found. Five out of the six appear to be Confederate. They include 3-12 pounders, a Schenkle, a Read-Parrott, and a plain old Read. What fun it is to dig the big iron!

P6030004.JPG

Here's Dan caressing two of his babies as we were waiting out a storm.
P6030001.JPG

Here is the pile o' shells, mostly Confederate. Included are three 12 pounders, a Schenkl, a Read and a Read-Parrott.
P6030012.JPG

Looks like I'm going to be kept busy treating all of this iron we keep finding. Not that I'm complaining :laughing7:

Thanks for checking out the post...

Upvote 3

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find I hope they're not live

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good lord Beau, you're tearing it up. I'll be ecstatic if I ever find ONE shell. Awesome man.

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay... you owe me a monitor and keyboard that are now soaked with beer. Had a GOOD laugh! Thanks... :hello2:

Up above it mentions that they are not live and have been rendered safe. That is the responsible way to treat them as well. It was a lot of fun and I can say that it has provided many playbacks in my mind while falling asleep this week. I only hate that I can't get out this weekend...or can I ha ha

Dan

danimal03

Feb 13, 2012
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome finds and great post. congratulations on an amazing day! definitely banner material.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread