pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got a walking half. I have found many silver dimes and quarters in my time and just recently posted my first silver coin (a quarter) that I found in about 2 years.

Me and my partner got out for about a hour tonight, I might have stayed out longer but I had to take the kids out for trick or treating. Anyway they are planning on removing some old homes and many are borded up, so we decided to hit it a bit early. Well the first yard that we hit I got my first walker (1943)and yes it does have a scratch on it from my shovel d@#$ it. No excuses except the signal was not a real good one and my pinpointer was going crazy I believe there was a large iron object deeper. When I dug it I thought wow that is a big quarter ??? (tap tap.. stupid its big cause its a half). Next coin I got was a no date buffalo. I got a few wheaties I havn't really checked the dates so that will be tomorows task. Between the time I found the walker and the buffalo this girl possibly homeless (we hunt the good part of town ::) )stop and wanted to chat it up and "can I give it a try". Holy cow leave us alone already. She was making me real nervous and I was having a hard time concentrating on the task at hand.

Well there are more houses to try so this week will get good I hope. I can't believe that my first two silver coins I have gotten since coming back to the greatest hobby has been a quarter and a half. I suspect that when they demo this block of homes there will be some seated and IH's to be found, I hope they don't fence it off when the best stuff is getting easier to find.

Happy Hunting.

Attachments

• halfbuff.jpg
    halfbuff.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 603
Upvote 0

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
Very nice. I have yet to find any good "big" coins, I have one Wash. quarter,1941D. Other than that, small coins and a lotta clad. I am SO looking forward to my first half.

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the walking half ! Looks like some good hunting grounds. Thanks for sharing.

Huntin' 59er

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the big silver and good luck when you get back there! HH, Mike

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, that's two silvers this week you scratched! ::)

... dig wider holes! ;)

Nice! Except the scratch but halves are hard to come by in most cases. Welcome back into the community, sounds like from your 1st silver that you took way to much time off! :D

Keep diggin' !

B

Brush Creek

Our hospital is expanding soon, first of the year, and they bought about 10 homes that will have to be moved or torn down.
I hope they don't restrict it with fence or something.

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
:o PF: Did you hear a loud Scream when you shoved that Shovel down? What a Shame! At least it's still .36169 oz of Silver! That site sounds real good tho! Finish it off before the Developers come in! And take it easy with that Tool!!

Joe ;)

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice half :D!

Sorry about the digger scratches.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Thats a nice one. Tsgman

OP
OP
pennyfarmer

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mirage said:
Welcome back to the hobby and great way to get back into it. What detector were/are you using?

Mirage

I have updated my profile to reflect what I am using.

I use a soverign and I was using my 12" coil. The larger coil tends to be difficult to pinpoint with especially when I am out of practice with it. In that little area there seemed to be a combination of signals and I think that contributed to the exceptionaly poor pinpointing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread