TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Minelab Excalabur 11
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But it did! Last night I was at the same old homesite where I found the old axe I posted a few weeks back. I've been pulling some neat stuff out of the ground there and I got a silver Rosie last weekend. It was the first silver I have found there in around 10 trips to the site this year. I did find a silver quarter and nickel there around 7 years ago when I did a quick search once but that was all. Not much silver for all of the wheat pennies I've dug.
Well last night I dug half of a very large horse shoe and was messing around looking for the other half and I got a strong signal that I thought was probably another wheat. The ground is so hard right now that I am having to stick my digger in and pry the dirt up with a flip as I work a circle around the signal. After I did this and was clearing the dirt out of the hole I saw a quarter sized coin with a silver rim showing and another dime sized coin coated in hard dry dirt.
I saw some grooves on the quarter and thought Oh man I've gouged it. Then I realized they weren't fresh grooves and I turned it over and almost swallowed my tongue. My first Standing liberty! 1925! As I sat there I shock I started wondering about the dime and I thought I might get lucky and have a merc. I poured some water over both coins and sat there dazed. A 1905 barber dime! Another coin I thought I'd never find and both in the same hole! What an awesome night. I immediately sent pictures to my brother, DangLangley, and shared in my amazement. I'm so grateful to have a great big brother to share such moments with.
I'm still in awe! Thanks for reading you all!

image-3473964521.png

image-3400757935.png

image-1655653783.png

image-555022236.png

image-3770610803.png

Last edited:
Upvote 10

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM BAYBEEEEEEEE!!! Haha, just kidding about that part! Seriously, those are two sweet silvers! I have found only one SLQ, and it has no date! Great job.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score on your first SLQ and Barber dime Gal :thumbsup: sweet sweet silver ;D

cahil_2

Apr 27, 2012
West. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab e-trac,
Garrett Pro pointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator 31 Digger, Minelab pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread