TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Minelab Excalabur 11
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But it did! Last night I was at the same old homesite where I found the old axe I posted a few weeks back. I've been pulling some neat stuff out of the ground there and I got a silver Rosie last weekend. It was the first silver I have found there in around 10 trips to the site this year. I did find a silver quarter and nickel there around 7 years ago when I did a quick search once but that was all. Not much silver for all of the wheat pennies I've dug.
Well last night I dug half of a very large horse shoe and was messing around looking for the other half and I got a strong signal that I thought was probably another wheat. The ground is so hard right now that I am having to stick my digger in and pry the dirt up with a flip as I work a circle around the signal. After I did this and was clearing the dirt out of the hole I saw a quarter sized coin with a silver rim showing and another dime sized coin coated in hard dry dirt.
I saw some grooves on the quarter and thought Oh man I've gouged it. Then I realized they weren't fresh grooves and I turned it over and almost swallowed my tongue. My first Standing liberty! 1925! As I sat there I shock I started wondering about the dime and I thought I might get lucky and have a merc. I poured some water over both coins and sat there dazed. A 1905 barber dime! Another coin I thought I'd never find and both in the same hole! What an awesome night. I immediately sent pictures to my brother, DangLangley, and shared in my amazement. I'm so grateful to have a great big brother to share such moments with.
I'm still in awe! Thanks for reading you all!

image-3473964521.png

image-3400757935.png

image-1655653783.png

image-555022236.png

image-3770610803.png

Last edited:
Upvote 10

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations! Those are great finds!

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Like Quindy said, any standing liberty with a date is good to find. Nice. Tennessee digger

OP
OP
TENNESSEEGAL

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all so much! I'm still in disbelief!

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YOU GO T-Gal......Cool finds....HH

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I'm talken about! You are in them now. Good job, nice coins.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go sis

Way to go there sis. I'm so happy for you. Any time you find two silver in a hole it's great but when you find a combination like that you have done something special. Love you all sis. See ya soon.
DANGLANGLEY

OP
OP
TENNESSEEGAL

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DANGLANGLEY said:
Way to go there sis. I'm so happy for you. Any time you find two silver in a hole it's great but when you find a combination like that you have done something special. Love you all sis. See ya soon.
DANGLANGLEY

Thanks Big Bro! :) Thanks for being there. I love you too!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread