Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 81
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: purse of the French soldier

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #31
    th
    Nov 2010
    Thailand/Europe/California
    Excalibur 2 1000
    1,035
    135 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Thanks for the graph, it really gives a good idea of the loss of life, not to mention the loss on the Russian side.

  2. #32
    us
    Aug 2010
    43
    21 times
    I vote Banner on this find as well. Hope to see it on top. A lot of history in that find.

  3. #33
    us
    Dec 2011
    Redwood Valley CA.
    Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Garrett Pro Pointer
    319
    11 times
    Metal Detecting
    Amazing Finds,

    Well done,

    Happy Hunting

    Dan
    I Like Bacon

  4. #34
    by
    May 2012
    46
    73 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

    !

    Quote Originally Posted by Bum Luck View Post
    My ancestor was in Napoleon's Imperial Guard; marched to Moscow, and back again to France. A fantastic tale, little known in this country. There's a well known graph on the number of soldiers overlaid on a geographic map: almost half a million invaded Russia, and only 27,000 returned alive.
    Attachment 646078
    I welcome! It really way of retreat of army of Napoleon. I dig between the city of Molodechno and Smorgon. In these days off I again went to the wood, there found again many finds of army and there were button finds with the image of an eagle which belonged to Napoleon's imperial guard. Now I on work when I am at home will show you photos.
    1emeraldlady likes this.

  5. #35
    by
    May 2012
    46
    73 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)


    powder or pocket mirror

    button guard
    Imperial guard (фр. Garde impériale) — elite armies of army of the First French empire. It is organized by emperor Napoleon I Bonaparte, as the military unit which is carrying out ceremonial functions, right after empire declaration. Was Napoleon's bodyguard, and also provided protection of an imperial surname and all highest ranks of the French army. Use of household troops in fighting operations was an indispensable condition. The guard structure constantly changed, over time it made the appreciable part of the French army including some cases, number over several tens of thousands people. The guard participated in Napoleon's many military campaigns, combining high fighting spirit with personal devotion. Some divisions accompanied Napoleon in his first reference to the island of Elba. All parts of guard were disbanded after the second restoration of Burbons.

  6. #36
    us
    Hunting the Adirondack Warpath

    Apr 2006
    Warrensburg, New York
    White's DFX, Bullseye II pinpointer, Gray Ghost Headphones
    649
    9 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Fantastic finds! Congrats!!!
    "Today is the day." -- Mel Fisher

  7. #37
    de
    Jun 2010
    Germania Secunda
    XP Gmaxx II
    2,089
    800 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (5)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Beautiful finds again! You have the right spot to produce many more!

  8. #38
    us
    Mar 2012
    South Jersey
    Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
    633
    159 times
    Metal Detecting
    I'm definitely looking you up the next we get back to Belarus..hope you have an extra detector because I don't think my wife will pay for the extra carry-on..great finds man keep them coming!!

  9. #39
    by
    May 2012
    46
    73 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    I'm definitely looking you up the next we get back to Belarus..hope you have an extra detector because I don't think my wife will pay for the extra carry-on..great finds man keep them coming!!
    Metaldetector it not problem
    at me their three. As will arrive tell me in Skype or call on phone.

  10. #40
    jp
    Sep 2008
    Heguri Town, Nara, Japan
    White's MXT Pro Garret Pro Pinpointer
    480
    52 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Belarus View Post
    Metaldetector it not problem
    at me their three. As will arrive tell me in Skype or call on phone.
    Awesome!
    and a hardy Kampai! to you sir!
    God made dirt,
    dirt don't hurt.

  11. #41
    us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
    2,939
    581 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Belarus View Post

    button guard
    Imperial guard (фр. Garde impériale) — elite armies of army of the First French empire. It is organized by emperor Napoleon I Bonaparte, as the military unit which is carrying out ceremonial functions, right after empire declaration. Was Napoleon's bodyguard, and also provided protection of an imperial surname and all highest ranks of the French army. Use of household troops in fighting operations was an indispensable condition. The guard structure constantly changed, over time it made the appreciable part of the French army including some cases, number over several tens of thousands people. The guard participated in Napoleon's many military campaigns, combining high fighting spirit with personal devotion. Some divisions accompanied Napoleon in his first reference to the island of Elba. All parts of guard were disbanded after the second restoration of Burbons.
    Great find! I wish I had a button from the Guard uniform!

    Look for a belt buckle like this:

    Вялікая знайсці! Я хацеў бы мець кнопку гвардыі форме!

    Паглядзіце на спражку рамяня, як гэта

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boucle-off-inf-garde-imperiale-IMG_0393.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	450.3 KB 
ID:	647336
    "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." — Friedrich Nietzsche

    "You ask where I live. I cannot tell you. I am a Voyageur, a Chicot, sir. I live everywhere. My grandfather was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. My father was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. I will also die while en route, and another Chicot will take my place. Such is our course of life."

  12. #42
    by
    May 2012
    46
    73 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    New finds
    1emeraldlady likes this.

  13. #43
    us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
    2,939
    581 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Great finds!
    "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." — Friedrich Nietzsche

    "You ask where I live. I cannot tell you. I am a Voyageur, a Chicot, sir. I live everywhere. My grandfather was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. My father was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. I will also die while en route, and another Chicot will take my place. Such is our course of life."

  14. #44
    by
    May 2012
    46
    73 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    1emeraldlady likes this.

  15. #45
    us
    Jul 2011
    Williamsburg, VA
    1,058
    1058 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Awesome finds man...banner

 

 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. $40,000 in a purse
    By wecandigit in forum I Couldn't Believe My Eyes!
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Apr 25, 2013, 10:00 PM
  2. Change Purse Maybe?
    By flakefinder in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jun 13, 2012, 04:54 PM
  3. coin purse
    By dfx willy in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Aug 16, 2009, 10:29 AM
  4. Change Purse
    By ggossage in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: Jul 08, 2009, 10:17 PM
  5. What's in your Purse?
    By OutBack Duo in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Jul 29, 2005, 04:52 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3