need help iding this

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i need help iding this spoon for the year and the pattern i dug it and showed the owner she said nice old spoon i asked if it was hers she said not that o remember i have lived here all my life she is 75+ years and she was adopted dont know how long the adoptive family lived there but he was the second owner of the house and he died in his 80sso here is the spoon she is nnowwanting half if it is worth something Photo0005.jpg

Upvote 0

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not sure about age, but seems that I have seen that pattern and I think it date to 1940's. Here's a link to a page about nickel-silver so you can read the metal composition of it. It contains no silver except what little may have been used to plate it if it was plated. So, in other words it is basically worthless... Nickel silver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry that it's not worth much I for some reason I like digging old spoons , Good luck and Good hunting...

OP
OP
olepossum

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
thanks folks for the info flake finder i love digging old flatware it tells you about the people that lived here

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread