Greenie
Jun 7, 2012
new waterford, n.s.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HI ALL,
SANDY HERE JUST BOUGHT MY NEW DETECTOR TODAY BOUNTY HUNTER DISCOVERY 1100. MADE MY FIRST FIND IN MY FRONT YARD. MOSTLY JUNK AND TRASH DID GET PENNY THOUGH IT WAS A 1993 PENNY. MY FIRST COIN :headbang::laughing7:
THERE IS A PIC OF THAT JUNK!

Attachments

• Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 164
Upvote 1

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thats a good first day! Do not be discouraged with so few coins, practice and getting to know the detector really helps, not to mention picking good spots. Try a park and stay away from difficult situations at first like metal. remember concrete is often reinforced and has metal in it, so open fields is easiest. Once you get to know how it behaves you can push its limits, happy hunting

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey good job! i used to have a Bounty Hunter Lonestar and that thing rocked in the tot lots!

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to our world, Don't get flustered....HH

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
It's not as easy as the detector ads make it seem. Just have fun with it.

OP
OP
mr.rue

mr.rue

Greenie
Jun 7, 2012
new waterford, n.s.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I WENT OUT TO MY YARD TODAY AND HAD SOME MORE JUNK HITS. BUT IT WAS NICE TO DIG AND ANTICIPATE WHAT I WOULD FIND! THE DIGGING IS FUN EVEN IF I DO GET JUNK! IT WILL TAKE TIME BUT I WILL FIND STUFF BUT GETTING OUT IN SUN AND MOVING AND DIGGING IS GOOD EXERCISE. NOTE GETTING A GOOD DIGGING TOOL IS IMPORTANT. NOT TO MENTION A PINPOINTER. THAT WILL HELP TOO. TO GREG AND TIGM IT IS EASY TO GET FLUSTERED. BUT ONCE I REALIZED THAT THE FUN IS IN THE DIG WHAT EVER THE OUTCOME ALSO THE EXERCISE IS GOOD.

garyw-123

Greenie
Jun 18, 2012
Bathurst N.B.
Detector(s) used
1100 bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i bought a 1100 2 weeks ago and have allready found 5.1g gold pendent and 7.2g silver necklace .
its a real thrill so dont give up !!!

OP
OP
mr.rue

mr.rue

Greenie
Jun 7, 2012
new waterford, n.s.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
THANKS GARYW123, THAT IS GREAT YOU DID GET NICE FINDS!! I WON'T GIVE UP:icon_thumleft::headbang: I HAVE LOTS OF SPOTS TO CHECK OUT THE CITY NEXT TO MY TOWN WAS ESTABLISHED IN 1785, SO THE HARBOUR AREA MIGHT YEILD SOME GOOD FINDS. ALSO MY HOME TOWN HAD COAL MINES AND THE OLD BUILDING SITES MIGHT PROVIDE RELICS AND SUCH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread