TCosbyJr

Jun 3, 2012
Bedford, IN
Detector(s) used
Current: Tesoro Outlaw, BH Tracker IV, HF MD6008
Ex: White's Coinmaster Pro, BH Discovery 3300, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been busy working on a new project, but as I had three MD trips from two days I thought I'd better list them. :D No big finds but some interesting items found.

After visiting my usual park on Saturday (June 16th) me and my dad found some clad pennies, pull tabs, and not much else. We left and found another park - it has a old stone wall (no cement just field stones laid together).

At the new park I tried the playground as it was sand. I found some clad and learned sand is easy and great to detect in - especially when "digging". :D

The rest of the park amounted to nothing much except some loose clad, plenty of pull tabs, lots of canslaw, and whole cans buried deep. We detected the new park almost entirely so it seems to be a wash.

So for the two park visits I found a metal tube, canslaw, various foil, 38 pull tabs (new personal record), a washer, a entire Pepsi can, 4 pennies (all zincoln's), 2 nickles, and 1 quarter.

finds-6-16-12.jpg

Today (June 19th) my dad stayed home today from work to go buy a vehicle from the local Ford car dealership (he went with a 2006 Ford Ranger XLT full loaded with only 66000 miles) -- anyway with the rest of the day off after a few hour trip we went MDing.

We found another park, and several new potential places (have to get permission for them though). The park has several picnic tables and a large creek, and nothing else; however, it was very busy the entire 2 hour MDing we did.

My most interesting finds were a single empty 22 cal shell case (I find it strange being in the city and only one..) and a metal gear. My dad's best find was a Zippo (date coded for 1994) - very weathered outside and inside looks good except the striker wheel is rusted/fused solid.

I also know this park was recently MD'ed by someone else as there were several holes dug around the oldest trees and random places - all of which were left open/uncovered so I did my best to fill them back in. I just hope this doesn't become a common find as it may ruin many places in my city to MD. :BangHead:

In total I found 3 tops of cans, pie pan slaw, canslaw, various metal pieces, 5 pull tabs, pie pan slaw, 1 sinker, 2 zincoln's, 2 copper pennies, a gear, 2 golf balls (on top of the ground), a closed "clam" shell in a hole with a pull tab 5 inches down, and a Falstaff bottle cap.

finds-6-19-12.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 2

Steveo

Jun 12, 2012
upstate Ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett gtp1350, Garrett ace150, Whites M6, Whites XLT, Whites QTX, Tesoro Silver Umax,
(RETIRED> ☆Whites Coinmaster TR, ☆Whites Coinmaster 2 TR AM)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My friend you dug your share of scrap no doubt.Don't ya just love can slaw........I do see some coinage so that's a plus.Happy hunting and good luck on the next hunt..........................

OP
OP
TCosbyJr

TCosbyJr

Jun 3, 2012
Bedford, IN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My friend you dug your share of scrap no doubt.Don't ya just love can slaw........I do see some coinage so that's a plus.Happy hunting and good luck on the next hunt..........................

Yeah canslaw is something else that's for sure. Lately it seems I have been finding smaller and smaller pieces of it. I did do better on my digging today, more clad and some extras. :D

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keeping an accurate count of your daily pull tab diggings will invariably drive me to the highest buildings' roof out here in Denver.
With a high powered rifle!
But it is nice to see that you are retrieving and collecting all the scrap crap, especially when you can show any Park authority how much trash you are pulling from the ground.
Kudos!
Carl

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have done your share of digging trash, Now your up for silver.....It's gotta be there it's gotta be.....HH

OP
OP
TCosbyJr

TCosbyJr

Jun 3, 2012
Bedford, IN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keeping an accurate count of your daily pull tab diggings will invariably drive me to the highest buildings' roof out here in Denver.
With a high powered rifle!
But it is nice to see that you are retrieving and collecting all the scrap crap, especially when you can show any Park authority how much trash you are pulling from the ground.
Kudos!
Carl

With me finding so many tabs I figured why not keep a running count. :D My dad on the other hand has his MD set to discriminate them out, and nickles as well. So far he has found maybe a dozen at most.

Any park employees I've seen simply watch me a minute and go on - I figure they are making sure I cover my holes or are interested in what I found. The police are the same, watch a few minutes at most before leaving, usually they wave when I look up and then go about their business.

You have done your share of digging trash, Now your up for silver.....It's gotta be there it's gotta be.....HH

So far the only silver I found was a silver ring, and it was at another place. The trash and clad are disappearing so hopefully some great finds at the other places will turn up. :icon_thumright:

On coins though my max depth with my MD is around 5 inches, I'm starting to assume silver coins will have to wait until I can upgrade to another MD to get the depth to find them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread