May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got another counterfeit silver piece of jewelry this week. 36.2g bracelet marked both 925 & sterling along with "Mexico." Rubbed in on the touch stone and saw copper. Acid test was negative. It seems like half the marked items I find are fake. It is really getting bad out there.

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not really, it's better they lose fake than big money.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whoever originally purchased it and all the other fake garbage out there are the ones getting taken. I hope whoever is selling the crap gets discovered some day and gets the sh*t kicked out of them

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, I've found both fake gold and fake silver, with false marks on them. Sometimes you can tell by the color or the weight, but sometimes not. I test all of my silver with my land detector which has an unmistakable high pitch for real silver.

Steveo

Jun 12, 2012
upstate Ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett gtp1350, Garrett ace150, Whites M6, Whites XLT, Whites QTX, Tesoro Silver Umax,
(RETIRED> ☆Whites Coinmaster TR, ☆Whites Coinmaster 2 TR AM)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still a cool find.The way I see it,if your detecting just for the sport of it then even finding a nice looking fake is still a good find and alot better then bottle caps and pop tops.Happy hunting.......................................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread