Back in the Saddle

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Hello everyone.My name is Mike and I live in New Jersey.I just started swinging my detector again after having it sit dormant in the corner for some time.I have a White's Classic II that I've had over 10 yrs now.I got up with the birds today in 35 degree weather and headed off to a local park that has been hit hard over the years.Around $4 in clad,a gold plated cross and a ton of old pull tabs.Came home, took a nap and went back out for around a hr and a half to a wooded area around a lake nearby.Found this 1936 Merc at 4" in some grey clay.Nice to get that silver especially after my digging hiatus.Not much to look at but had me talking to myself in the middle of the woods as the sun went down.I'll be up with the birds tomorrow.Again.Nice to meet you all.
Cyas,Mike
1936.jpg

Upvote 0

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Hi Mike!

I have the same detector. It's perfect for trashy parks. Nice dime!

Ridley

MetalFury

May 25, 2006
New Jersey
Hello Mike and welcome to the forum! My name is Bill and I also live in New Jersey...Roselle Park. If you're not familiar with my area it's exit 137 off the Parkway. I have a Garrett Ace 250 and I've only been detecting since May of this year. I really haven't found anything spectacular yet, a few sterling silver rings and a nice sterling pendant, a 10kt gold ring, a 1852 Large Cent, a French Franc from about 1850 (not sure...date is worn off) and a few other interesting odds and ends. Not bad I guess for a beginner like me ;D

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hi Mike! Welcome to TNet.
Congrats on the great start after your absence.
Looks like you are hooked again.
Keep em coming buddy! Love those Mercs!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Mike95inNJ

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Hey Bill those are some nice finds for sure.I'm not too far away. 117 off the parkway.
Mike

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coin....I had a whites classic II for a couple years and just a while ago I was gonna use it as a backup detector, but someone messed around with it and now I cant get it working anymore.

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, welcome to the forum and back to a great hobby. Good Luck and HH !

Huntin' 59er

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dormant in the corner! Egad man, get out their and swing the dust off that thing!

Nice piece of silver salvaged from the depths! Thanks for posting and keep the dust knocked off that coil... ;D

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey, Mike, good to hear about your return to detecting and your arrival to Tnet! :)

Tnet will keep you inspired....that detector will never go into the closet again. Just visit us everyday for inspiration! :) ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread