Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Winter is getting close .Me and Misplacedredneck went out this morning at day break. It was pretty cool and windy but it will be getting worst as the days go on. The morning started off pretty good .Redneck found a 1700s 1 krulzer and soon after he found another nice coin from the early 1800s. Some people have all the luck. LOL My best find of the fairly short hunt was some type of locket. I think it is silver and after I got back from church I opened it up to find some hair or rope or paper or something. ??? On the inside it also has the roman numerals VII .This field has some old stuff in it so I have no Idea how old it is. It has the name Maria on one side and a picture of a cross on the other side . I really am thrilled to find a personal item like this .It really makes history come to life. I also found a small weight that is square and on the back side it says PISTOL. I wonder if it was used for measuring powder??? The picture turned out to blurry to see any detail.I found four coins but they are all commen .The oldest is 1876. The little fish is something I found last week but forgot to post. I am hopen it is roman but Probably not. It is always great to get out but always better when you find something. :) I have about three months left before I have to move so I hope the weather will work with me and the ground will not freeze to deep. Hope all is well and thanks for looking and HH. If any body has any information on any of these items it would be great. Thanks . :)

Attachments

• Nov05$02locket.jpg
    Nov05$02locket.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 439
  • Nov05$03locket2.jpg
    Nov05$03locket2.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 440
  • Nov05$04locinsids.jpg
    Nov05$04locinsids.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 468
  • Nov05$06fish.jpg
    Nov05$06fish.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 473
  • Nov05$05flatb.jpg
    Nov05$05flatb.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 432
  • Nov05$08weight.jpg
    Nov05$08weight.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 430
Upvote 0

misplacedrednek

Aug 20, 2006
Temple, GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good stuff man, hopefully we can get out again this weekend, maybe we'll get some kind of freak 70 degree weather. :D :D

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds Bman! I have also found a few of those square weights, thought they were coin weights but, you might be right on the powder weight of a pistol charge. Must be Locket season, I found one today as well, when I opened it I found a... Working on a post, LOL! Your locket contents do look like hair, it holds up better than most things, the inside of my locket didn't hold well but there is a clue I found. Thanks for the post and HH, Mike

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany
cool finds!!!! yes it was cold today! I was out by manheim for drill today and almost froze to death. I am going to keep trying to go out myself. too many areas to hunt still :) I hope you find a ton of loot before you have to leave. Happy Hunting!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Nice assortment of finds Birdman!
That locket is very cool.
I think it was very popular decades ago
for travelers and soldiers to have
these lockets with there loved one's hair in it
as a rememberance keepsake and a personal possession.
Happy hunting!

Smiles!
BDoo

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Excellent group of finds! I really like the locket.A unique personal piece of history.
Glad you're still getting out despite the cold weather. HH!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Birdman, that locket is fascinating. When I first saw the "hair" I immediately thought sheep's wool....then I saw the picture of a sheep on one side of the locket. Could Maria have been a sheep? ??? ;) I dunno...but it is a great find! :)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the locket too! Hope the weather holds out for ya'll to make some more great finds!

Nana :)

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would weather the elements for some finds like that.....very nice! Thanks for sharing>>>NS<<<

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread