Todays Backyard Finds....

Dave in Kentucky

Oct 12, 2006
Crestwood, Kentucky
Today's Backyard Finds....

I spent a couple of hours in the backyard today and this is what I came up with. Can anyone identify any of these ususual pieces? I am still in search of my first coin of any kind. The plastic cap says "Sterile-Use Once and Dispose." Any idea what that is? Thanks..........Dave

Attachments

• 11-5 001.jpg
    11-5 001.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 689
  • 11-5 003.jpg
    11-5 003.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 685
  • 11-5 004.jpg
    11-5 004.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 689
  • 11-5 006.jpg
    11-5 006.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 683
  • 11-5 011.jpg
    11-5 011.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 669
Upvote 0

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Re: Today's Backyard Finds....

Were you in my back yard? I should have posted my nails with my bell, I couldn't find that many shapes and size at a hardware store. Too much fun though!

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6

I think the two round tings with the strange patterns are for baking. I think you squeeze dough through them for cookie shapes. Just my guess.

bagglaydee

Mar 22, 2005
Kernersville, North Carolina

Sparky, you're right on the money with your guess about the round discs. The cookie dough would be "loaded" into a metal cylinder that had a plunger attached to the end cap. The dough would then be forced out of the cylinder through one of the many discs available like those, with the result being cookies of different shapes, depending of course, on which design was on the disc! May still be in use today, but really popular in the 50s and 60s.

All in all, still a great find...and, Dave, you sure those nails didn't come from my yard? LOL

HH....Barb

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Dave, welcome to the wonderful world of whatsits!! :D

Your coins will come to you soon. Keep on searching. :)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hiya Dave,

Nice finds today...some of the things look very familiar to me. I would say mostly farming implements...the long thing in the upper left corner looks like part of a baler (the tongs that rake the hay into the baler).

Keep searching, you will find coins soon.

;) RR

K

Kentucky Kache

These kinds of finds are not junk, they're "value challenged Items". ;D
And I would know. :'(

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You think that plastic cap came off a hypo-needle? Possible diabetic or drug addict lived there prior?

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Definitely NOT junk...it's junque! ;D

I have a great collection of junque from my back yard!

OP
OP
Dave in Kentucky

Dave in Kentucky

Oct 12, 2006
Crestwood, Kentucky

The plastic cap is about the diameter of a quarter. In a couple of years after I've found a few rare coins I'll probably throw most of this stuff away. I'm definitely keeping the battery oil bottle from Thomas A. Edison Inc. that I found about a month ago. Thanks for the moral support....

wolfpaw518

Oct 15, 2006
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Sharpshooter II

diggummup is correct on the plastic cap, it's the cover of tube the syringe came in, the needle would have been separate as you can mix different size needles with different size syringes. There are many sizes of syringes, being quarter size cap makes it a little big for a diabetic...I'd say somebody worked in a hospital.

neil

OP
OP
Dave in Kentucky

Dave in Kentucky

Oct 12, 2006
Crestwood, Kentucky

wolfpaw518 said:
diggummup is correct on the plastic cap, it's the cover of tube the syringe came in, the needle would have been separate as you can mix different size needles with different size syringes. There are many sizes of syringes, being quarter size cap makes it a little big for a diabetic...I'd say somebody worked in a hospital.

neil

Could it have been a really big syringe, like for a horse or other large animal?

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

One man's junk is another man's treasure ;D

Congrats!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dave in Kentucky said:
wolfpaw518 said:

neil

Could it have been a really big syringe, like for a horse or other large animal?
Quite possible,especially if found on a farm or in a rural setting.Like wolfpaw said,the syringe and the needle comes seperate,so a large syringe doesn't neccessarily mean the needle would have to be that big.Believe it or not,we use a large hypo.needle at work sometimes in the flooring business for repairs.It is filled with contact cement to get rid of bubbles on a glue-down carpet repair job.Shoot the bubble with cement and rub bubble away. :)They also say sterile,one use only on them.Though they are so huge it would have to be used on a horse or something really big.I forget what gauge the needle is.Ever donated plasma? Well it's bigger than that. :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread