Finds from the Dover hunt

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Hey everybody. Been a busy weekend. Yesterday, my friends John and Nikki Walsh hosted a hunt near Dover, TN. Some T-Netters, and a couple other diggers stayed at my house and went to the hunt with me. I'll let them tell their stories..........

I am not a 'fast' competition hunter, but choose to be methodical about my search, which is shown by my relative lack of finds, compared to others (one hunter boasted of finding 200 bullets............)

At any rate, I dug about 26 bullets, (dropped and fired); a few buttons, and assorted other goodies; a half-dozen artillery shell fragments; and a round, lead backed copper/brass thingy.....enjoy.

Roger

PS, I dug the breast plate less then 20 feet off the starting line, after all around me had dashed off, swinging their detectors wildly..........

Attachments

• IMG_0794.JPG
    IMG_0794.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 645
  • IMG_0788.JPG
    IMG_0788.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 658
  • IMG_0796.JPG
    IMG_0796.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 649
  • IMG_0793.JPG
    IMG_0793.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 644
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome CW finds, thanks for the pics and post! HH, Mike

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lack of finds? Man,you cleaned house! Amazing digs,I hope for one of those breast plates one day!!

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Roger
thanks for having us I got home late last night. Great Job on the breast plate. Where is the Picture of that bullet mold it was awesome.
My goodies still need to be cleaned up will try to post them some time soon. Thanks again.

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
sweet finds there !!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D i'm headed to south carolina in jan,, hope to find something like these ...

OP
OP
ramjet2187

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Jason, You and your friends are always welcome. I almost forgot about the bullet mold..........I won it in a 'after hunt raffle'.........the tag identifies it as about a .32 caliber. It makes a round and 'tear drop' bullet at one time. There were two bullets in it when I got it, but they are dug, and in there for show. Once again, Ft. Donelson relics puts on a quality hunt.

Roger

PS, The Mercury dime is in there for size comparison.

Attachments

• IMG_0797.JPG
    IMG_0797.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 604
  • IMG_0798.JPG
    IMG_0798.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 604

bcs123

Aug 15, 2006
missouri
Detector(s) used
mxt
great digs...i wanted to go but couldnt get away this weekend congrats on the finds and winning the bullet mold

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roger,

Sounds like y'all had a blast. Awesome finds for you. ;D Congratulations on winning the bullet mold. :o

Can't wait to see the other's finds.

;) RR

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the hospitality Roger, I had a great time and cant wait to do it again... I will post my finds tomorrow Im just too wiped out from the weekend!! Joel it was great meeting you guys!! hope we get to do it again!! jd

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Roger!!! 8) You did good! :o

Love all of those finds! And I bet they were all dug with that nice new handy dandy shovel! ;D

So glad to hear that you all had a great time! Wish I had been there too! :)

Nana ;)

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Great civil war finds. I would be exactly like you. I like to try to concentrate on a smaller area and work it. I don't know how well it payes off sometimes, but I am happy with going slow and making sure I cover it as well as I can.

Congratulations on your finds.

Did you say this was a competition hunt? Dover Tennessee. Hmm I might have to look that up. I don't have anyone very close to me here in Pineville Kentucky.

So do you have a MDing club in Dover?

Postalrevnant

OP
OP
ramjet2187

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Thanks B Mike, birdman, Green1, bcs, RR, gypsy, and golden.

j. d, You're welcome.

Nana, You're right, new shovel. That thing is so sharp, it could cut a breast plate in half, if you don't pinpoint carefully..........(note to self, learn to pinpoint carefully). No I didn't hit it, but I almost did :o :o :o

Postal, It's a great hunt, this was their second one. It isn't part of a club, a relic shop put's it on. I live in Clarksville, TN, near Ft. Campbell, KY, home of the 101st Airborne Division, and numerous other units (cue patriotic music). The nearest club I know of is in Nashville, but they meet Friday evenings, and I work 2d shift, so it's impossible for me to attend. Wow, is that enough information for ya ;D

They'll have another one next year.............ya'll come, ya hear?

Roger

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Roger much like what I expected to find at Sedalia but it was not to be. I especially like the percusion rifle hammer. That metal vial shaped object to the left of the hammer, does it have a cork in the end of it? Very interesting finds. Excellent! Monty

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would LOVE to have lack of finds that looked like that! :D

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very kool digs :)

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Thanks for having us Roger. That was a great time. BTW, nice mercury dime you got there !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread