Daughters first day of detecting, nice brass fixture and metal frog

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Daughter's first day of detecting, nice brass fixture and metal frog

Today I took my daughter out for her first day of detecting. I took her to an older house that is getting ready to get demolished. I checked it out earlier and apparently it has not been detected in a while. Plenty of targets near the driveway, so was perfect place to take a 6 year old and keep her attention.

She found a little green frog, a very nice brass rod fixture, 2 arcade tokens, a key, and $2.43 in clad. Mostly pennies. I do not have a picture of the clad. And I tried to get a close up of the arcade tokens. For those of you who are wondering and remember the Aladdin's Castle Arcade that was big in the 80's it is tokens from there. Aladdin's Castle words on one side and a Genie's bottle on the other.

Here is the pics. Thank you for viewing.

Postalrevnant & Randi

Attachments

• Randi.jpg
    Randi.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 510
  • ThisnThat.jpg
    ThisnThat.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 505
  • Others.jpg
    Others.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 507
Upvote 0

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Daughter's first day of detecting, nice brass fixture and metal frog

What a nice chance to enjoy an activity with your daughter. Be sure to get pictures of the two of you hunting together, you will be glad you did when she is grown up (and that will seem like yesterday when you get there).

I really enjoy it when younger kids gather around me at parks when I'm detecting. I always teach them how to run my pinpointer and let them get involved. To them, a penny out of the ground is like a 1800's sivler coin to us.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

cool frog. :) Cute girl. Hope she sticks with it. My daughter bailed. At least my son enjoys it.

Bob

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5

Congratulations, I see youv'e got some more serious competition down there. She'll probably run circles around you, and yeah, she is a lot cuter than you Doug. I hope you two clean up Bell county and have to move on to other counties. ;D Thanksgiving is coming, I'll be down after work that Wednesday and go back on Sunday. If you want to try to get together for a hunt, let me know. I'm going to try Pathfork and Black Star while I'm down.

OP
OP
Postalrevnant

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains

daytondigger said:
Congratulations, I see youv'e got some more serious competition down there. She'll probably run circles around you, and yeah, she is a lot cuter than you Doug. I hope you two clean up Bell county and have to move on to other counties. ;D Thanksgiving is coming, I'll be down after work that Wednesday and go back on Sunday. If you want to try to get together for a hunt, let me know. I'm going to try Pathfork and Black Star while I'm down.

Unless I am working sounds like a great plan. BTW I went back to that place and found the twin rod and all to her brass fixture. That is right in downtown not too far from the library we visited. I am hearing stories that they are going to tear down that old house. And it is an old one. IF so perhaps when you come down they will have the place dozed and ready for a look.

Postalrevnant

Mirage said:
cool frog. :) Cute girl. Hope she sticks with it. My daughter bailed. At least my son enjoys it.

Bob

I hope so too. But it's really hard to say. She definately has the fire to enjoy it. But it will be atleast another 2 years before she could probably successfully swing and do it all herself. So who knows?

Postalrevnant

markgPA

Jan 13, 2006
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites PrizmV, Minelab Explorer SE

Hi Postalrevnant and Randi
Your daughter is a cutie. Sounds like you had a great time. When she finds some jewelry she can wear, she'll be hooked.
Very nice when you can make detecting time- family time too! My wife isn't interested (prob. because of the dirt thats all over me when I come home from woods hunting) and I'm working on my oldest daughter. I'll wait till the weather gets nice next spring to get her out.
HH
Mark G

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WTG, girl!!!!! Keep it going! Wish my son would get into it more. Conggratulations.

Laater...

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Way to cool Post...My son turn's 4 in Jan. and every time he see's my MD he want's to go out and find"pennie's"....I Love It...Congrat's Randi....HH!!

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2

Thats pretty good for a newbie ;) ;) ;D Good going Randi ! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread