the fairgrounds keep puking up the clad! also another first for us...

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally found our first wheatie! (1956) not bad considering im using a crap bounty hunter IV also a ton of clad (73 pcs total) I know its only clad but my son and I sure had fun digging it up we hunted for 2 1/2 hrs today and have literally acres upon acres of fairgrounds all to ourselves. SAM_2215.JPG SAM_2216.JPG Also found the whatsit?, and some strange ring with no markings, kinda looks like some hippie ring or something

Upvote 0

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How old are the fairgrounds? Should be some silver there? Most of it is probably in that 5 to 7 inches in depth. Good luck going back. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How old are the fairgrounds? Should be some silver there? Most of it is probably in that 5 to 7 inches in depth. Good luck going back. :icon_thumleft:

Ive found out recently that the fairgrounds arent as old as i thought. The fair itself is 157 yrs old but its original location was bulldozed and covered by about a million feet of fill thanks to the walmart sitting on that site. then the second site was from 1960-1986 and thats now a soccer field. the third site is the current site ive been hunting, from 1986

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Congrats on your first wheatie! Please don't be so hasty to put down your Bounty Hunter! As you tune in further to its style, you'll find plenty of quality stuff. My son and I have been sharing Bounty Hunter Tracker IV for 18 months and as you can see on today's post, he just dug a pristine 1848 silver seated liberty dime with it! We've also dug silver and gold jewelry, silver half dollar, mercury dimes, vintage purse -- and the list goes on. Have fun and since the fairground coughed up that wheatie, it may yield silver or gold soon. Andi

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first wheatie! Please don't be so hasty to put down your Bounty Hunter! As you tune in further to its style, you'll find plenty of quality stuff. My son and I have been sharing Bounty Hunter Tracker IV for 18 months and as you can see on today's post, he just dug a pristine 1848 silver seated liberty dime with it! We've also dug silver and gold jewelry, silver half dollar, mercury dimes, vintage purse -- and the list goes on. Have fun and since the fairground coughed up that wheatie, it may yield silver or gold soon. Andi

youre probably right Andi, Im just impatient and I had my ring on my hand with a 3-4 inch chunk of dirt on top of it and the darn thing didnt pick it up, my ring is 14k gold, and didnt read it. I have it set to disc mode and the sensitivity and notch dials about 3/4 of the way cranked.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds ,the ring looks like a mood ring.Put it on if it changes color it's a mood ring.If not hippie ring sounds good.Happy hunting.:icon_thumleft:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your round item with the question mark is a portion of a pair of glasses. More specifically the right eyepiece.

Don't despair with the BH. just keep saving all that clad and upgrade when you get enough to replace it. They're good starter machines. It's better than spending a grand then finding out that metal detecting is just "not for you".

gunntekk1

Mar 19, 2005
Newport PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 and ACE 250, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the bounty hunter discovery 2200 is my back up machine and it's the one i lend out, if it was not good i would not lend it out
because new b's get descouraged quickly. so keep it up you'll find the good stuff.

jrandy

Jan 13, 2010
San Angelo TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett GPT 1350, Predator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son had a IV and he did great , some really good finds that are in a display case now. Dont give up ,get used to your machine and it will pay off. My 700.00 rig still digs trash every day but hey diggin is why we do it. If that place has been used for decades you will be getting some great finds once you get through the trash..:icon_thumleft:

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nothing wrong with the BHT4. I started with one of those and had a blast!! Well done!! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread