Crazy Finds

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Had some crazy finds this week.....Friday I was hunting in the woods and found this shovel leaning against a tree in the middle of no where....Then Sunday I met up with Groundfisher and we both got skunked for the day...well mostly he did :D, because I found the fishing rod in the river hung up on a tree and then three quarters in the same hole. We were hunting a really old area down by the river ,but the Detecting Gods just werent smiling that day!
But....I really needed that shovel so maybe they were grinning a little bit!

Attachments

• shovel and pole.JPG
    shovel and pole.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 787
  • shovel and pole 2.JPG
    shovel and pole 2.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 802
  • merrill.JPG
    merrill.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 785
  • corner brass.JPG
    corner brass.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 788
Upvote 0

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gypsy, now instead of using a trowel to dig up your deep finds you can use a shovel and if you hit water you can go fishing. HA! ha!, Anyway you didn't get skunked, you found something. I didn't think I was going to find anything today with my buddies finding all the goodies, one found a 1903 Barber quarter and the other found a neat Indian Motor Cycle Token. I finally did find an wheat penny. Moved down the road and right out of the truck I found a 1865 two cent piece. So I guess, thank goodness, I wasn't skunked.

HH<Ringfinder

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a real good day, a shovel, a fishing pole and detecting with a buddy, $30.00 days are not easy, congrats! HH, Mike

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi gypsy interesting finds and you didn,t happen to find a "fishing hat" or a "digging hat" ;D ;D ;D

tinpan "happy hats, i mean hunting" ;D ;D ;D

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
neat finds gypsy, you can always use a shovel, fishing rod maybe some youngin that wants one and folks cant quite afford. nothing like making finds that we can use other ways
wtg
hh
dave+bobbie

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good eyeball finds Gypsy....that shovel looks great for relic digging ;D.

Yup...crazy finds...

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first few months detecting i found a NICE all metal(shank handle) shovel easy a 60 dollar score ;)
good score!

markgPA

Jan 13, 2006
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites PrizmV, Minelab Explorer SE
Those sure are some crazy finds. I've found some old shovels out in the middle of what I thought was nowhere, only to find a bottle dump nearby. Diggers like to leave them so they don't have to haul them in and out.
HH
Mark G

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
groundfisher said:
Burdie said:
OK let me get this story straight. You found the shovel that was used to recover a cache. The guy was celebrating and fell in the hole just showing his boots. Then you travel 40 miles to steal a guys limb line. ;D ;D ;D
So now you even have detector that hunts in the trees. Well I wish I could of been there with you guys.

Burdie :)
ROFL! Yea Burdie ...Gypsy is quite an amazing hunter.
:D :D :D
You are just sooooooo jealous over my fishing rod!.....Hahahahahah

And I know why you like to hunt with me..............because I clear all the trash out of your way so you can find the silver ! :D :D

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Looks like a handy shovel to me. Hey I found a sledge hammer if you need to borrow it...LMAO
~Nashoba~

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Cool stuff Gypsy.That shovel looks like a track spade for cleaning mud from the tracks of dozers and cranes.Any machine work in the area?Regardless it would make a good relic digger.Congrats....Joe

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
gypsyheart said:
groundfisher said:
Burdie said:
OK let me get this story straight. You found the shovel that was used to recover a cache. The guy was celebrating and fell in the hole just showing his boots. Then you travel 40 miles to steal a guys limb line. ;D ;D ;D
So now you even have detector that hunts in the trees. Well I wish I could of been there with you guys.

Burdie :)
ROFL! Yea Burdie ...Gypsy is quite an amazing hunter.
:D :D :D
You are just sooooooo jealous over my fishing rod!.....Hahahahahah

And I know why you like to hunt with me..............because I clear all the trash out of your way so you can find the silver ! :D :D
You know we could of dug some worms with your shovel and jumped in that old abandoned boat and went fishin.We probably would of had better luck. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread