Back to the festival grounds

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I returned to the festival grounds today. Low 80's, nice breeze, just beautiful out. I ended up with 43 coins totaling $2.11 in clad, a key and small flower charm (no markings). 5 quarters, 4 dimes, 3 nickels and 31 pennies. A couple of hours into my hunt, I see a dark SUV pull up next to car in the parking lot. An older gentleman gets out and makes his way over to where I am digging. So we start talking about my finds and he tells me he started out in the 60's with a Compass detector. He currently has a Whites XLT. He goes on to tell me he's trying to start a MD club and was wondering if I would be interested. I told him ABSOLUTELY and he gave me his card. He told me in the mean time if I wanted someone to go hunting with to give him a call. I may have to take him up on that.

Attachments

• fallfestfinds take 2 001.jpg
    fallfestfinds take 2 001.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 490
  • fallfestfinds take 2 002.jpg
    fallfestfinds take 2 002.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 483
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Makes you wonder how those festival people are traveling when you find all those cotter pins,etc doesnt it?
Nice finds and looks like you found a new detecting buddy to boot.WTG

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Sounds great Willie! Hope you guys can hook up and get something started.
President Willie... has a nice ring to it.

Best of luck to you in all your searches!

Smiles!
BDoo

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Good luck with the MD club. I hope you all can get one started. Not enough peps around me currently to try to start one, but would sure be cool to have one.

Congratulations on your finds at the grounds.

Postalrevnant

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gypsyheart said:
Makes you wonder how those festival people are traveling when you find all those cotter pins,etc doesnt it?
Nice finds and looks like you found a new detecting buddy to boot.WTG
Tell me about it. I'd dig up a bolt or pin and think " I sure hope they didn't need this or hope they notice this is missing at their next stop".

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boobydoo said:
Sounds great Willie! Hope you guys can hook up and get something started.
President Willie... has a nice ring to it.

Best of luck to you in all your searches!

Smiles!
BDoo
Thanks, Boobydoo. I don't know about the president thing. I like to keep my head down and fly under the radar.

ZoSo71

Nov 5, 2006
Somewhere near Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX / Modded BH Land Star
Pretty good finds...

I was thinking of starting a club in my area.. But I'm just feeling out the hobby to see who's intrested..
I could tell you a pretty good story about a traveling carnival..Maybe some other time......

ZoSo

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on those finds and a new huntin buddy!

Nana :)

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
wtg on finds willie, do you save your bolts etc and use them around the house, bobbie swears im a packrat cause i tend to save everything and try to use it if need arises
hh
dave+bobbie

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
80s
you suck ;)

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dave-enc said:
wtg on finds willie, do you save your bolts etc and use them around the house, bobbie swears im a packrat cause i tend to save everything and try to use it if need arises
hh
dave+bobbie
Dave, I save just about anything that can be reused. If not by me, then I probably know someone else that can use it. I recycle the aluminum, brass and copper that I find. My wife thinks I'm a packrat too. My grandfather was a packrat and my wife saw his house before he passed years ago. She doesn't understand it yet but she's starting to. Take care. Bill

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Baron Von De Kalb said:
80s
you suck ;)
LMAO Baron, I'd trade the nice weather for a rainy day in the 40's if I could just find some of those older coins you folks up north find.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the kind words everyone, you too Baron 8)

snorton750

Jul 28, 2006
Auburn, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic ID
The key is a Chrysler family key (Dodge, Plymouth, Desoto). Pre 80's I'd guess. Good on you for finding the two darts. I pulled one out of the chips at a local playground a few weeks ago. I wonder if they carry extra bolts and nuts to replace the lost ones. Happy Hunting. Stan...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions