Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to a local park today real early. This place is hit pretty hard if I were to guess. It usually just produces a few pull tabs and some clad. Being to hot and too dry to dig in the grass, I decided to move to the woods and a nearby creek. By the woods is a very large tree stump of a once 100+ year old tree. At one time the topsoil in this area was removed and the ground leveled, but I could tell that the area around this tree was never touched. One of the first hits produced a very shallow 1947 quarter. I found some clad in this area too, and had a very promising deep signal, but one dig of my spade down brought me into a giant nest of ants. I decided to try digging this signal sometime in the winter or fall when those biting devils are hopefully gone.

IMAG1588edit.jpg

I didn't stick around too long after finding this, as it was getting hot real fast and quite a few people were showing up at the park. Took me exactly 4 months and maybe a dozen trips to finally fine some good silver.

Upvote 2

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the neat story! It's not unusual at all to take 4 months to find your first silver coin. A silver quarter from the 1940's is a great start! This is a much tougher coin to find than a silver dime. Nice find!:thumbsup:

It is warm here on the west coast as well, probably in the mid 80's. We just don't have any humidity! 8-)

northcal

Sep 17, 2008
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21/
Garrett ATGold/
Garrett ProPointer/
Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Way to go! I got my first siver last week
So I know how you feel, congrats.
Northcal

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's on now, Seems like after you find the first one they seem to (for a lack of a better word ) get easier to find....HH

Steveo

Jun 12, 2012
upstate Ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett gtp1350, Garrett ace150, Whites M6, Whites XLT, Whites QTX, Tesoro Silver Umax,
(RETIRED> ☆Whites Coinmaster TR, ☆Whites Coinmaster 2 TR AM)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A nice silver to start out with no doubt.Good deal.........................:icon_thumright:

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! I have been detecting for about a year now and have yet to find a silver coin. 1909 wheat is oldest coin. Silver ring and heart pendant but I am super jealous of your quarter. What are you using? I have an Ace 250 and am itching for a minelab.

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find! You never forget your first silver. (Mine was a '47 Rosie dime. Ah, the memories.. :laughing7: )

Keep digging!

DCMatt

Bunker

Apr 6, 2010
St. Pete, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / Etrac / T2se / Blisstool V5
Pistol Probe / Pro Pointer / VibraProbe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a nice first silver! Good eye finding the untouched soil. That ability will pay off in the future.
Congrats,
Bunker

sparky661

Jun 1, 2012
Oswego NY
Detector(s) used
ETRAC ,T2 SE , Garret Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Deal.... Just got mine this week also. It feels great :hello2:

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job its a good feeling finding silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread