Upstate,NY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Teknetics 2 SE
E Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi All,
New to forum here just wanted to post by far my best find since I started detecting 3 years ago.I had a really nice 12-47 reading from my Ctx under one of the trees on my property,which I have found a few nice relics before,but its a bit iron filled.It was 10" down,popped this large dirt encrusted copper,which I placed in my finds pouch and continued detecting for about another hour before callin it a day.Got in the house,ran this coin under the water and saw this large cent with a 7 over a 6 at the end.Looked it up in a couple of books and it appears to be a pretty rare type.Im pretty stunned,Im looking into getting it graded. Give me your opinions on this coin,as to what you think it may grade ect....Thanks All!! HH CTX Tom

Attachments

• 1807 large front 1.jpg
    1807 large front 1.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 299
  • 1807 rear.JPG
    1807 rear.JPG
    784.8 KB · Views: 274
Upvote 8

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Agreed. Looks like the Blunt/Small variety. Consign it to Stack's. Should net you some nice big $$. Congrats!

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why does it seem that all these coins worth "thousands" pop up on first posts???? Just sayin.

I like to think they are so excited to share the find that they finally join Tnet. If I found that one I would have had a heart attack before I posted it, lol

DANGLANGLEY

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to think they are so excited to share the find that they finally join Tnet. If I found that one I would have had a heart attack before I posted it, lol

DANGLANGLEY

Agreed, many post great finds on the first post, because its the best thing they have found & wanted to share that experience. (I think)

Glad to see the landowner will get his just reward.:laughing7: BIG CONGRATS:headbang:

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic find. Eventhough a ground piece, it has as good a detail as you can possibly get with a copper. It is the rare variety. Personally, if I owned it, there would be NO GRADING! WASTE OF TIME AND $$. The Americana Sale is the place for this coin, if it were to be sold. Tons of buyers and collectors in this particular venue. Usually end of Jan. or Early Feb. is when the auction is. Most collectors like to examine a coin like this, "In The Metal". CONGRATS!!! Hogge

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a beauty! Iron or not, I'd dig anything and everything that made a sound around that area.

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In your own yard?....BANNER 4 Sure!

nov2101

Jul 6, 2012
NW CT
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i with 2x3" eclipse, 6" DD,12" DD & 12"Hot shot.
Minelab CTX 3030 with 6" DD. 11"& 17"
2@Vibebra pin point probes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, not corroded at all, banner vote :hello2:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Find It would Look Great Up top On the Banner HH Chug

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread