granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just about every Sunday I have dinner at my parents' house (also my childhood home). This is the same property I found my 1891 seated Canadian half dime... it's not a big property but I usually detect for the 20-30 minutes between dinner and dessert. There's a patch of backyard I haven't hit yet, and just about every foot has a tone, from low to high. 15 minutes in the mosquitoes found me. I didn't put on bug spray because I was in between meals, and really, who wants me coming in reeking of Off? So, I continued but the mosquitoes kept multiplying. I kept going for another 10 minutes because I kept getting hits, but finally they overtook me and I had to retreat. I looked down at my leg and literally had 8 of 'em chomping on me. I walked away with 2 pennies, some scrap aluminum, and nails. But there's more out there. I know it.

The 2 pennies will go into my daughter's piggy bank. That's where all my clad finds go. She's only 3 months old, so by the time she's old enough to drive maybe she'll have enough to buy a dashboard hula girl with all my findings :tongue3:

So, anyway, I'm posting them cuz they're my today's finds. Nothing great, but I was happy to get some detecting time in.

pennies.jpg

Upvote 1

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
I went out today and wore jeans as hot as I was so I would not get bitten amongst other things. I think I lost ten pounds for my efforts. But like you I had to get out there.

OP
OP
granthansen

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah. Usually I'm the toxic avenger... Covered in Off, sunscreen and poison ivy spray. Sometime long pants and long shirt as well. I will go back when there are no meals going on lol.

Find anything good today?

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
granthansen said:
Yeah. Usually I'm the toxic avenger... Covered in Off, sunscreen and poison ivy spray. Sometime long pants and long shirt as well. I will go back when there are no meals going on lol.

Find anything good today?

LOL

I post somewhere here maybe down a few lines by now. Look for rusty crap I found.

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Man, I hate those da#@ bugs!! Figures, it is only the females that bite. I'm just saying... :)

Chrystal

Apr 5, 2012
Pauls Valley, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have somekind of bug spray thats oderless, forgot what its called. I have three kids 8 9 and 11, i wish they were still three months old, they drive me crazy now. Especially my boys who are oly 13 months apart, they fight all the time and its usually over nothing lol!!!

OP
OP
granthansen

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol. Your kids may be more annoying than the mosquitoes :-/

I'll have to look for that bug spray.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI Try Hands so Soft, Keeps the skitters off Down in Georgia, and smells pretty good too.........jmho................................HH

OP
OP
granthansen

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I shall. Thx!!

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theres an avon product called skin so soft that smells good and repells bugs.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions