Indian statue found on Key West

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hunted Smathers Beach on Key West this week end. It stunk from rotting sea weed, but the exits near the parking meters gave up a few quarters. My first ever silver find was an ear ring.
The last thing I expected to dig up was a brass statue with 4 armed male and female figures. Perhaps it has something to do with love or marriage. Does anyone have a clue what this is?

Attachments

• Key West.JPG
    Key West.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 1,031
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dunno, cool finds!

HH
-GC

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Just a guess but I bet it was buried intentionaly by a asian couple for help in fertility, Kids do take 4 hands each,

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Welcome to the forum Teklord. I spent a bit of time in India and other central asian and many of far eastern countries. I certainly would not have expected to see that found Metal Detecting here.

Great find. Certainly one that you could boast is probably not found very much at all if any after you LoL.

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep! That's definitely a different find!

Welcome to the forum! Nana :)

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6
Now that's a cool find. I see something different when I look at the statue though. I think it's a sign from the treasure hunting gods. I think you'll have many successful years to come with this hobby. You see, he has a detector in his right hand, a normal left hand for picking up thing he's found and two spade shaped hands for digging in the sand. The woman in the statue is there for 100% support. She has a Q-grill strapped to her back with the legs sticking up, this way she can make him lunch on the beach. Hope I didn't offend anyone with my sideways humor. HH to all. Sparky

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey welcome to the forum and neat finds. In this old world of ours you just never know what your going to dig up. Take the Blue Saphire pin I posted on here, I dug it up in a woods I was hunting, it is very old, but how the heck it got in a woods in Ohio is beyond me. I'd take a closer look at some of those coins you think are corroded, they might be silver, salt water does strange things to coins.

Thanks again for the post and love the pictures and again welcome to the forum and welcome to one of the greatest detecting families on the net.

HH, Ringfinder

Trevor43

Greenie
Oct 27, 2004
Left = Vishnu, right = Laxmi...........if it is broken anywhere.........it was thrown in the ocean because you don't worship broken idols.

OP
OP
T

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The Indian folks at my dry cleaners confirm it is Vishnu ( holding the MD )and Laxmi. The statue is not broken, and looks like brass. They also think it could have been intentionally buried.

Thanks for all the feedback !

Tek

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats pretty sweet

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Sweet...and it being good luck to find them and all, my guess is you need to get back out there and see if they were pointing to more great finds. ;D
~Nash~

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is so cool! If you found that I bet you are in for some more serious finds before too long. SWEET!

HH,
Ramapirate

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread