Latest Finds with AquaChigger

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Latest Finds with AquaChigger...Another CS Artillery Shell!

Had an awesome day out with my good pal Aquachigger over the weekend. It was hot and it took its toll on the both of us. Had to take plenty of breaks and drink as much fluid as we could carry. I was just thankful for plenty of deep holes and swift moving water. ... I managed plenty of targets and one was THE target I hoped for. My first Mullane shell and another piece of CS iron to add to the collection this year. It was a cool thrill to pull it out and immediately as I turn to show Aqua, see him pull out his exploded hotchkiss. The bayonet was pretty darn cool too. The rest of the day was spent digging about 30 bullets (left a couple out of this picture as I found them in my bag as I put them up) and a few other odds and ends.

I do have one weird bullet I could use an ID on. It was recovered with other hard impact three ringers. It looked at first like a fired .69, then like a bullet that impacted on top of another. Upon cleaning it, I determined it is the same bullet, but has one weird attribute. There is a cavity and a plug base (very similar to MM530). I initially thought I had found an MM530 as the plug base looks identical, and the caliber is correct. However It appears as if this was a two groove bullet. I am at a loss on it so figured I would throw it out to all of you. Been at this for more than half my life and not seen one like it so any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Hope everyone got out this weekend or at least stayed cool.

HH

Dan

Attachments

• RR7712_Shell1.jpg
    RR7712_Shell1.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 382
  • RR7712_Shell2.jpg
    RR7712_Shell2.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 330
  • RR7712a.jpg
    RR7712a.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 311
  • RR7712_bulleta.jpg
    RR7712_bulleta.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 350
  • RR7712_bulletb.jpg
    RR7712_bulletb.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 343
  • RR7712_bulletc.jpg
    RR7712_bulletc.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 280
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 457
Last edited:
Upvote 3

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome finds!!!! So when are you two opening up that museum lol

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
Congrats on another great shell Dan. That one doesnt turn up often. Excellent find!
-Evan

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever figure out what the unknown lead thingy might be? BTW, ready to go and watching the clock. Only 27 hours to go and we'll be on the water again!

CTX Tom

Jul 5, 2012
Upstate,NY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Teknetics 2 SE
E Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow very cool shells...awesome finds for sure

OP
OP
HomeGuardDan

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever figure out what the unknown lead thingy might be? BTW, ready to go and watching the clock. Only 27 hours to go and we'll be on the water again!

Beau,
never figured it out. Jim Thomas inquired about it, gave him the specs to the best I can (being it is mushroomed) and now just waiting for his response. Showed it to a few other folks, they all said the same thing...looks like a bullet, but weird. Down to 24 hours now (why are you up so freaking early???) Ahhh water...hopefully no leeches, chiggers, ivy, snakes, or other issues this time.

Dan

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tirible find, congratulation!!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That kinda digging looks exciting! I just had a Garrett AT Gold delivered today and hope to be in the water with it soon.

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys are still killing it. Nice going on the shell - she's a beaut!! HH ..... Bill

Ironman!

Mar 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great shell Dan! Congrats on all the great finds you guys are making!! We all love to see that kind of eye candy!!! Especially us guys who will probably never dig any of those finds due to location!!!!

IM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions