Aztec in the Superstitions - Found

arizonarock

Jul 5, 2012
Goldfield
Detector(s) used
eXp 4000 & Bionic 01 (GPS Metal Detectors)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
arizonarock

arizonarock

Jul 5, 2012
Goldfield
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok... Was up there yesterday. The Tonto National Forest Archeologists and the Department of Anthropology at the Arizona Natural History Museum are confirming and investigating this find.

Last edited:
OP
OP
arizonarock

arizonarock

Jul 5, 2012
Goldfield
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll keep everyone up to date. I'm not on here everyday. Everyone can draw there own conclusions. I was just telling what I found. If some can't accept it... it's ok.

OP
OP
arizonarock

arizonarock

Jul 5, 2012
Goldfield
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Deerstalker.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Who are you working with from Tonto - Is it Scott Wood?

OP
OP
arizonarock

arizonarock

Jul 5, 2012
Goldfield
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many involved.

S

stefen

Exactly..... this site draws a lot of people just wanting to jerk our chains and then laugh about it.

arizonarock, you haven't been around here long enough to see how much of that goes on.

Dan,

"Jerking Our Chains"...

To be politically correct, its more like holding turd by its clean end...

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
As far as spotting things from google earth goes, well, you can pretty much see whatever you want to see. It's like staring at clouds. Now, open google earth and go to this coordinate.... 50 0'38.20"N 110 6'48.32"W Tell me what you see there.

It's called the Badlands Guardian, it's estimated to be around 70 million years old. It's also in southern Alberta Canada. It is a natural formation. You need to keep things like this in mind whenever you look at any kind of aerial imagery. Your mind instinctively looks for familiar patterns like faces, and if you stare at anything long enough you'll see them.

That's pretty cool

Capture.JPG

OP
OP
arizonarock

arizonarock

Jul 5, 2012
Goldfield
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well... For the time I've been here. I see a lot of negativity. I'll just keep it all to myself. Since the Supes are clouded in mystery. I believe people want to mystery to stay there and nothing to be found... so it won't take the mystery away. I'm amazed about how many negetive people are on here. I was hoping for positive feedback and help. One man on here is helping me a lot!!! Too bad there isn't more like that!!!

OP
OP
arizonarock

arizonarock

Jul 5, 2012
Goldfield
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and really... you can't see it on Google Earth! Youhave to use an App called; Maps. I even offered to meet with people here on Treasurenet at a Resturant in Apache Junction to show them and they refused that! So... after I found what I did. I got The Museum and the National Forest Involved. So next... Maybe I will Post my emails I've been recieving from them?

I'm not going to argue with any of ya. Believe what you will... You will anyway.

Last edited:
S

stefen

Exactly..... this site draws a lot of people just wanting to jerk our chains and then laugh about it.

arizonarock, you haven't been around here long enough to see how much of that goes on.

Usually, a posting that has a certain lingering foul odor, skepticism soon follows...

And the attitude of the original poster starts to surface when confronted...

In the end, the proof requested to substantiate the claim is seldom, if ever, provided...

Hmmmmmmmm

Lets wait for the photographic proof which I'm sure may be provided...:laughing7:

OP
OP
arizonarock

arizonarock

Jul 5, 2012
Goldfield
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
besides... I'm begining to think there are a lot of "arm-chair" prospector's on here that actually don't go out and look for thing's... but merely sit on here for hours on end trying to belittle everyone that isn't in their click of friends... Maybe you found a few things and all of a sudden your a so called expert on everything?
So while your on here trying to make people look bad for your own sick enjoyment... The rest of us are out there finding things!

Last edited:

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
besides... I'm begining to think there are a lot of "arm-chair" prospector's on here that actually don't go out and look for thing's... but merely sit on here for hours on end trying to belittle everyone that isn't in their click of friends... Maybe you found a few things and all of a sudden your a so called expert on everything?
So while your on here trying to make people look bad for your own sick enjoyment... The rest of us are out there finding things!

I actually agree with this statement.

NJ

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
arizonarock said:

There is a section in T-net called arm chair detecting. I believe it should be used more often. As in all these types of forums I suspect many are just people messing around on the Internet. you can tell for example when guys go on and on in a thread that they never swung a detector.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So next... Maybe I will Post my emails I've been recieving from them?

That would be great - it would add much credibility to your claims to name some professionals who are taking you seriously by confirming and investigating your find. In my experience, the organizations you mentioned pay very little attention to folks who approach them with any claims based on Google Earth or Bing Maps, so you must have other "up close and personal" photographic evidence that has convinced them to work with you.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
@ azrock.
I live over here by Florence.My boys live in Mesa.
i have to put a transmission in my truck or i would meet you in Aj.
Maybe after i put the tranny in my truck in the next week or so.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OK, if I'm included in the 'arm-chair' prospector, then 550-600 hours detecting a year & the same again in researching & identification, ie 1000 hours a year might not be considered enough for you.
Secondly, I'm not an expert & never try & be negative, only open-minded. I only comment on the evidence given, & up until now, there is very little to substantiate your claim.
I look forward to the Archies comments on your google earth claim/images? Which I use to great effect to find Iron Age/Roman/Medieval sites every year, so much so I can tell you what I'm likely to find at each site before I put my foot on it.

Once again, I'm not here to be negative & have helped hundreds of people on here over the years, & I would do the same for you, if your evidence was there? So far it is weak at best, but you maybe able to turn this around & build a more compelling case.

Last edited:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you need to understand about a forum like this, is that if you burst in making BOLD claims, without BOLD evidence, then don't be surprised by the reaction.

We are not all going to sit here & praise you, because, as stated by others, we have seen this type of claim over & over.

If you had approached this from a differenent angle, you would have gained more allies, & more help. Although I sure we can still stick by you, if you start to make a little more sense. Stick to the facts & leave emotion out of it.

Lastly, I'm not from a 'click of friends'. Check my buddy list, I have none, I stand on my own on here, & disagree with any 'ganging up' on here. I support the evidence given & share my knowledge based on that.

Nutriasub

Nov 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Garret Pro Pointer
I agree with Crusader 100%.
What you showed here is undocumented and not proven, so give the facts, and not just plant google earth pic and tell us that's all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread