Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the place and area of the school ground that yielded the 3 wheat cents yesterday. Before I was rained out. Unfortunately, the ground is still pretty dry. Better, but still hard to dig.

I'll take the aggravation though, if it's going to turn out coins like this one!

I'm guessing my detector didn't want to get caught out in the rain again so instead of taking a half hour to find 3 wheat cents, it decided to just get 'em all at once. In one coin! LOL

I can't wait until the rains come for a few times and softens up this place. It's also very highly mineralized. Still, the potential is great!

Thanks for peeking.

HH!

Attachments

• IMGA1519.JPG
    IMGA1519.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 141
  • IMGA1520.JPG
    IMGA1520.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 144
  • IMGA1521.JPG
    IMGA1521.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 3

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations! Great Find!!!!

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coin find, It's still on my list to find.:icon_thumleft:

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's cool. you don't see a lot of the nickel 3-centers posted :icon_thumleft:

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that's in GREAT shape! It's kinda funny that it's one of those coins that were made for several years with a ton of them made, but are rarely found. My guess is they either corrode beyond belief and a metal detector reads it as garbage or just not that many dropped! Great find.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
WHATIFIND, That is a NICE 3center,kind soil no doubt,wish mine came out so nice,no crap in the soil.:laughing7: God Bless Chris

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that's in GREAT shape! It's kinda funny that it's one of those coins that were made for several years with a ton of them made, but are rarely found. My guess is they either corrode beyond belief and a metal detector reads it as garbage or just not that many dropped! Great find.

Well, I don't know how much this helps, my friend said the same thing. That they are rarely found. He did an air test on the coin with his AT-PRO and he said although it rang up as 53 a couple of times across. Most of the times he passed the coin it rang up as between 45-47. I'm not that familiar with the AT-PRO's numbers but he said nickels usually show up at 53.

Then, he called me up later on to tell me that he did an air test on his silver three cent piece he had at home. It rang up at between 61-65. That seems strange for silver too.

Hope that helps.

HH!

Ground Inspector

Feb 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
18" Excelerator Coil
Minelab CTX 3030
06 Smart Coil
17 Smart Coil
Garret Propointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice three cent

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHATIFIND, That is a NICE 3center,kind soil no doubt,wish mine came out so nice,no crap in the soil.:laughing7: God Bless Chris

That's what I was alluding to in my post from yesterday. Same school grounds, (different areas), and the 1917 penny came out better than the newer ones. I kind of think I may have stumbled on a small plot of ground that is just a bit kinder. Time, (and some rain), will tell. :)

HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions