The old ranch house

mr.theman

Aug 29, 2006
McAlester, OK
This is a ranch house that I got permission to hunt the other day. It was built some time in the 30's. Got some good pics but no coins. Did come up with a couple of tax tokens, a couple of tac buckles, and the most valuable find of the day is a nice little pile of copper. Oh and the really cool Magic Chef stove.

HH
Mr.T

100_1525.jpg

100_1532-1.jpg

100_1529.jpg

Upvote 0

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Mr. T. Nice site. :)

You should check out that stove online. You might be able to sell parts from it. Old stoves are very collectible.

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Congratulations on your finds. I am starting to amass a good little pile of copper and brass myself. Can't wait to have a few hundred pounds of each some day. Then I would have to drive em to Knoxville and not turn them in for much smaller green here.

Postalrevnant

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Mona Lisa...that stove would have been in my trunk in no time! It looks like it's in great condition minus a leg or two...

OP
OP
mr.theman

mr.theman

Aug 29, 2006
McAlester, OK
You can't tell from this pic but there are hills in OK just have to go further south.

This was the ranch hands house for the old 40 ranch which had the largest free standing rock barn in Oklahoma. You can check it out here. http://www.redrockbarn.com/ Original ranch was several hundred acres or more but has been broken up over the years.

The problem with retrieving the stove is that I have permission to hunt but not to drive across the pasture and it is a good 1/2 mile walk to get to it. I would have a heck of a time packing this heavy beast out of there.

I am planning on hitting it again. I hope to upgrade my detector around Febuary so I may wait until then.

HH
Mr.T

T

TreasureTales

Yeah, I'd be taking my toolkit and removing one of the legs and the hardward from that stove. You could possibly make a little money on them, even if you can't carry back the whole stove. Or, one piece at a time until you do have the whole stove!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions