$5 Gold and old pocket spill

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now rewind 3 month ago on a Thursday evening I had to drive to CB to stop by my College and hand in some paperwork for finiacial aid. After talking and bsing with College rep for about a hour. I headed to my favorite park thats not to far from the College grounds. Well after pooking around a few hours and about to give up do to time and the wife calling where your at. I took a gamble and the next signal I heard a just dig it. Well It was well worth it, and yes I did the dance also and a few words, I scored a $ 5.00 Gold 1903-S. Now this is the same area I found that 1877 IH penny awhile back. I bet your wonder why it took me so long to post this. Here's the reason, It was in my lock box and either I or my other half missplaced to key and after cleaning the house today I found it. So now I can post it with out you guys wondering where's the pic.

Now today I played in early morning from 0900-1030 to beat the heat wave thats been hanging around us. I found a old pocket spill of some very old coins in area which I believe was a hang out during the Victorian area. It's not much but I was surprised at the condition of the coins (pics provided). 25c 1858, 1852 3c Silver, 1867 3c Nickel, and a 1869 2C piece. Now since Im in the right area maybe more will show up if we had so rain. HH all and drink water....

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 199
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 204
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 211
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Upvote 11

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
umrgolf said:
When you first posted yesterday your post said you were surprised at the condition of the pocket spill. Me too, you were extremely fortunate to have the 2-center retain its copper color.

Does seem kinda odd.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that I know I can find gold. A gold coin is now my quest! :)

Great find!

HH!

OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you where there you'll understand. Ground condition makes a big differents. Also quit being so judge mental.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
IAsoldier said:
If you where there you'll understand. Ground condition makes a big differents. Also quit being so judge mental.

Forums are meant to be judgmental. Quit jumping to conclusions.

OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Na I like opinions

Harp

Greenie
Jul 22, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7 Quicksilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Incredible finds!

davehky

Jan 3, 2007
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 garrette pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gold is my dream find.! congrats on the nice finds

OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what did the gold coin come in at what number

I do the smart screen and it was in the pull tab/trash range but had a different tone to it. Not like a regular pull tab would sound like.

Bunker

Apr 6, 2010
St. Pete, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / Etrac / T2se / Blisstool V5
Pistol Probe / Pro Pointer / VibraProbe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those coins are just plain AWESOME!
Thanks for the pix,
Bunker

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! What a nice hunting spot!

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That gold coin is amazing, I can only hope to find one someday..... That quarter is really kewl too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread