3 Ringer and ...and...dont know

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 Ringer and ...and...don't know

Dug a bunch of typical junk hunting an old homesite location. The land owner showed me where an old cistern had been but no other obvious signs that there had ever been a home there. It is in the middle of a huge pasture field. The ground is loaded with iron trash and lots of brass or copper clipping and chunks. I dug what appears to have been a small badge or pen kind of shaped like a sergeant emblem. It appears to be copper that has been silver plated. A burner from an oil lamp and then out popped the 3 ringer. And last but not least a big piece of brass or copper. I have dug a couple of other similar pieces in the same location that appear to have been part of the same broken whatsit. Only got about 3 hours in at the site but really exited to find the three ringer. It is about 200 yards from the old log cabin and cemetary I discussed in an earlier post. In Tennessee there is nothing uncommon about CW relics showing up anywhere but with a big spring on the property I have started getting a little excited about the spring and surrounding property. Always hoping for that virgin camp.There is an old documented stagecoach road that runs right beside the homesite. It is very obvious in some places. Would love to know what if any significance the badge has with the 3 ringer and what the devil the big piece of copper or brass was.
Donnie Mikel 014.JPG mickal 001.JPG mickal 002.JPG mickal 003.JPG mickal 004.JPG mickal 005.JPG mickal 006.JPG mickal 007.JPG

Upvote 0

okerraine

Mar 24, 2009
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Teknetics T2 Minelab equinox 800 CTX Firty Firty
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like an early site. I find those leather attachments at old sites. I'd keep hunting it. Congrats.

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Similar pieces have been identified as leather strap tip covers. HH

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds, As far as the spring goes The post I made a couple of weeks ago where I found 6 different bullets and an Iron backed block"I" button all in the same hole Came about thirty feet up hill from a spring. It lays on the retreat route of the Confederate army from Resaca,Ga. Those springs are hot spots for sure. FYI I went back last Saturday and rechecked the hole and pulled two more Bullets from it,a .58 cal 3 ringer and another .577 Enfield. Keep poundind the site........HH

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation! Good luck next hunt.

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice Gunrunner61. I was wanting to hit it again yesterday evening and didn't make it. Gonna go back today. Hitting the spring first thing. Also think there may be another homesite near. Just a hint of it on Google Earth.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread