Couple 11th hour digs...

Dreamweaver43

May 25, 2006
Wisconsin
Had to work the coil through some snow today in spots. Managed an 1903 Indian and a 1910 wheat, along with a little bit of clad. The Indian was a pretty cool recovery, it was right below some iron.....the machine nulled, but there was "scratchy funny sounded sweet" in there too. I walked over it but went back....After pulling the plug, the sunray nulled in the hole, so I figured that I would find the nail and the re-sweep the hole, but after moving some dirt the probe started banging "coin". And out pops the Indian!!! Never did find the nail.... ;)

Will try to get out tomorrow afternoon!!

Dreamweaver

Attachments

• late season dig.jpg
    late season dig.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 371
Upvote 0

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Indian head Penny. Don't you just love the SunRay Probe? I have 3 of them, and I can't leave home without it. I am currently using one on my ACE 250 and it is a GREAT help.

HH< Ringfinder

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Nice lookin Indian.Glad you were able to find some decent ground to hunt.Got 11 inches of that dreaded snow here in Merrill.Kinda put a damper on my hunt for this weekend until it melts off a bit.I'm just hoping it's not here to stay.Gotta stretch the season as long as we can. :) Good luck to you.

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Very nice IH. Great job of detecting it as well. LoL gotta say your hardcore. MDing in the snow. I like it, great job.

Postalrevnant

W

willrich

hey, don't forget, nails are cool too, think of the awsome tie date nails, seen a couple for sale recently, think they were something like 25's.
it's amaisin' what people toss away

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the IH and way to tough out the weather! HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread