Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water hunted with Whydah Sunday morning - I got a handful of coins and few other finds - but no silver or gold
I went to another spot for PM low tide - place had been pounded - visability was zero - waters were ruff
but I came out with huge silver spinner and large silver claddagh
got up early Monday and went to another favorite spot - finds were few and far - once again others had been here lately
i only had 10 pennies and 10 sinkers in my pouch - told my girlfriend to try and find me around low tide -
Whydah was busy = but was supposed to contact him if I was killing it to see if he could hook up later
Sooo my gal was on the shore near a levee waving trying to get my attention
I saw her and started to work my way towards her - I was about 40 yards away - I got a signal - dug a penny
I went about 10 yards - got a signal - dug a small sinker
went another 10 yards - found another small sinker
these told me that no one had hit near here in awhile - then I got a small signal - switch to ID mode and got a medium tone
I scooped - checked hole - nothing - looked in scoop nothing - so it was something small - visability was zero -
so I could not see if it was on the bottom - checked again and signal was off to the side - scooped again - fell thru again
I dropped down and tried to fan - no viz - i figured it was a split shot sinker or maybe a .22 cal bullet head - found more than a few in the
area before . I was about 20 feet from shore in about waist deep water - and about 3 feet from that small target
I got a huge blast - and being near the rock levee figured it had to be a huge fishing weight
I took a scoop - check spot - knew i had it in my scoop and started walking towards my gal - pulled my headphones off and she told me
she was going to call whydah - "what do you want me to tell him ?"
I said , "tell him waters a little rough - no visability - I only got like 10 pennies and 10 sinkers..."
I glance down into my scoop expecting to find a huge piece of lead - instead saw huge piece of gold staring up at me
I did not give it away - I walked up to my gal and said "give me a kiss" - she did and then i said "reach into my scoop..I just dug this walking to you" - she said "youre kidding!"
so I told her tell Whydah everything i said but add in i just got this huge class ring - the only disappointment was the emblem was gone off the face again - 5th old gold class ring this year with emblem gone
thought about it latter and wondered if that small target that kept falling threw could have been it
I did try and find the area again before I got out of the water - but with no visability - I could not find the area and because I thought I had a piece of lead - i did not try and remember my exact location - usually when i get a piece of old gold i will try and remember what I was in front of or near so i can check the area again on future hunts
I got a silver ring after going back out - tide came in fast and rough so went to lunch
stopped at a small beach at PM and got claddagh 925 earing and fresh dropped heart ring
wish i knew what emblem was on gold ring - it has military or political eagles on both sides -no writing on outside
inside it has a PAT.DEC. 9. 1919 and engraved in script
F R P '33
and LGB Co.
.497 oztroy of 14k gold =hair under 15 grams

This is about the 6th gold ring I have gotten because of where she was standing or sitting on a beach causing me to head towards her
I do not think i would have gotten them had she not been where she was at those moments
I know in this case I was heading in the opposite direction away from her and out deeper
whether I would have gone to that spot later in the day
huh.gif
- dont know - glad I brought her along
hello2.gif

silgoljul.JPG

here is everything from both days - got 3 silver Roosevelts too
jul2223.JPG

and the trash
trash2223.JPG
inside of ring
DSC00296.JPG

Upvote 2

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sure wouldn't mind if your good luck charm faced West and shouted out some of that good mojo this way
another fine hunt Casper

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer finds for sure Casper, How 'bout facing ya good luck charm toward Ga. And have her blow a kiss this way! I'll take all the help I can get!
LOL.........(just kidding)...........HH:silvertrophy::thumbsup:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation!

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are a true warrior. Your persistence definitely paid off... just be careful out there!

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! You did alot of digging, but it was worth it!!
Congrats on some very nice finds!!

Joe

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
If you and your hunting partner keep showing finds like those rings I am thinking I might start looking for jewelry.

Nice old ring

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Congrats on some very productive hunting :headbang: !

TommNJ

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are raking in the gold ! Congrats