NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a first model .32 cal Smith and Wesson Model 1899 in trade. it has a 4 digit serial number which puts it around 1901.... Number 52XX (not divulging the whole number) I was offered the pistol in trade for repairing a car and I'm definitely taking it as a partial payment.....I fugure around 100$ in it's present condition.....

Here's the catch! It's missing the extractor! It's in very nice condition otherwise, and I want to repair it. I need the extractor and the nut that goes on the extractor rod. I've been searching for them, but no luck..... It's an EARLY example of this pistol, and it took my girlfriend (she loves guns too) and I nearly an hour to be certain of the ID and right now, I'm tired and can't search anymore. If you have, or know anyone who has the parts I need please let me know, I'm willing to buy them at a reasonable price just to restore this pistol!
First pic is the gun, second is the cylinder with missing extractor.....
smith1.jpg smith2.jpg

I'll post a video of it shooting when I am able to get the replacement parts......

Also whoops, Model 1899..... Sorry......

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ken, Numrich Gun Parts Corporation should have all the parts you need. I just got through re-bluing a bunch of older S/W pistols for a guy that doesn't take near as good care of them as he should. And that is a sweet pistol...d2

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
d2 is right. If not go to a gun show. Someone will steer you in the right direction. Nice weapon...

Last edited:
OP
OP
NOLA_Ken

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Djm and D2 thanks for those links, I've sent emails to both, nsdq, I'm about to try gunbroker. This thing has been nothing but a paperweight for quite a while and I really want to see it fixed.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOLA_Ken, you might try the classified section of the Smith & Wesson Forum. Anything and everything S&W is there, and I am sure that you can find that ejector "star" and the spring inside of the cylinder. Best of Luck, Sub

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or if all else fails try red jacket firearms

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anytime hope to see this work of art brought back to full life, and see her sing again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions