Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi folks,
I'm new to this forum and haven't done a forum since the 90,s. Still trying to navigate around. I have read from this forum site and found it useful, and think it will be even more so if I actually participate. Now and again a question will come up that only a fellow detectorist will be able to shed light on.
I've only been detecting since spring bur I'm so into it I go detecting nearly every day except for the foulest of weather. I've accumulated quite an assortment of relics ( mostly iron ones). I certainly have benefitted from watching a lot of youtube videos related to metal detecting as well.: Thanks,

Upvote 0

sky355

Jul 24, 2012
Littleton Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Fisher F22
Vibra tector 740
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the Forums. Yeah Ive learned alot on these forums. The folks here are super cool and willing to assist. Happy Hunting!

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome. This forum is an amazing resource and community. You will keep coming back.

pug

May 14, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T net looking forward to some great posts. I got to get on hear to get my fix haven't had much luck hear lately. Been trying my luck in the river but nothing great yet just some clad at a spot that some folks swim. H H Pug.

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome & good luck!....We need to see all them Pa. finds!

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a place where all types of treasure hunters hang out, seems like questions are answered within seconds, opinions are varied, and people are friendly. welcome and HH

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! and welcome to our obsession............:thumbsup:

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from New Hampshire. I honeymooned in the Poconos. Awesome country around there.

OP
OP
relicmeister

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I thank everyone for your kind welcome.
Wanted to MD on the way home from work but along came a fierce thunderstorm. Had some luck the past 2 mornings before work in a large wooded area just outside my lake community( gated communities are common in the pocono region)
Got a high reading on my BH platinum which usually turns out to be a tin can or full aluminum can. Was surprised to see a 7inch figurine of a man with a sword tipping his tophat-obviously a home adornment. I assumed it was one of a pair and searched for the other, which I found right nearby, alond with a wood plank which probably held them. The mate was a woman in a long gown and the two figures are meant to facew one another.At work I cleaned them with a brass bristle brush and saw they were made of pewter, both sides in full detail-very nice pieces-possibly worth $150 or so, though they quickly found a home on the mantle of our LR fireplace. I dont know how these could have remained in the woods so long undiscovered just feet from the main eentrance road . They were only just under the leafy ground surface. The next morning I wqs detecting along the rockwalls in the same woods which look very old but I cant tell if they are 75,125 or 200 years old . Got some iron readings which was an irregular shaped iron piece about 6 inches and a few pounds. Then I found two more, and left for work. There I cleaned them of rust and placing them on a table could see they fit together. When fitted together it was clearly a strange shaped casting.
I asked a co-worker who said right away it was part of a farming implement-he thought a hiller-furrower, which may have been horse or ox-pulled or tractor pulled. If i was set up for it Id upload photos of all these-might be a few days till im ready to do pictures on the forum. I think the piece is rather old as the mounting holes are square and not round, and it just looks really old. Im going to bond the pieces with liquid steel and clear coat it and just display it outside.
I didnnt even know the area was farmed given its all woods now, but I understand the n0ow heavily wooded poconos were almost choppewd barren from the civil war on for a few decades due to extensive tanning that took place in the region

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thank everyone for your kind welcome.
Wanted to MD on the way home from work but along came a fierce thunderstorm. Had some luck the past 2 mornings before work in a large wooded area just outside my lake community( gated communities are common in the pocono region)
Got a high reading on my BH platinum which usually turns out to be a tin can or full aluminum can. Was surprised to see a 7inch figurine of a man with a sword tipping his tophat-obviously a home adornment. I assumed it was one of a pair and searched for the other, which I found right nearby, alond with a wood plank which probably held them. The mate was a woman in a long gown and the two figures are meant to facew one another.At work I cleaned them with a brass bristle brush and saw they were made of pewter, both sides in full detail-very nice pieces-possibly worth $150 or so, though they quickly found a home on the mantle of our LR fireplace. I dont know how these could have remained in the woods so long undiscovered just feet from the main eentrance road . They were only just under the leafy ground surface. The next morning I wqs detecting along the rockwalls in the same woods which look very old but I cant tell if they are 75,125 or 200 years old . Got some iron readings which was an irregular shaped iron piece about 6 inches and a few pounds. Then I found two more, and left for work. There I cleaned them of rust and placing them on a table could see they fit together. When fitted together it was clearly a strange shaped casting.
I asked a co-worker who said right away it was part of a farming implement-he thought a hiller-furrower, which may have been horse or ox-pulled or tractor pulled. If i was set up for it Id upload photos of all these-might be a few days till im ready to do pictures on the forum. I think the piece is rather old as the mounting holes are square and not round, and it just looks really old. Im going to bond the pieces with liquid steel and clear coat it and just display it outside.
I didnnt even know the area was farmed given its all woods now, but I understand the n0ow heavily wooded poconos were almost choppewd barren from the civil war on for a few decades due to extensive tanning that took place in the region

Just a word of warning, be very carefully about when & what to clean. Make yourself familar with the cleaning section on this forum. Your brass bristle brush can wipe hundreds from the price & damage patination.

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the madness! It's my belief that this site, and the people on it have possibly the most knowledge of "stuff" and the history of "stuff" you'll find anywhere. We see so many oddball objects, collect so many different things, and go about it in so many ways, that I can't think of any other forum where most of the knowledge here can be found.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions