seekandfind

Jul 7, 2012
northwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 101/505
ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to a beach yesterday with my bh1-d/505 (toy) and decided to run the wet water line and see what came up. After about an hour and a half of nothing (im stubburn) I gave up. Hit the non wet area (dry sand) and found a few things but mostly bad digs(junk). to fix my ego I headed for a tot lot and more of the same bad digs then just as I am ready to call it a day my batteries take a dump. Now I have to think they were weak to begin with (I hope) and im going to have to do it all again (all that wasted time)ug!! So next time I go to the beach or else where thats farther away I will be putting new batteries in before beginning, and here I thought I was doing so well. Always something to learn.HH all!!!

Upvote 0

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For real. I'm a little paranoid about battery power. After a while I'll replace even when there's probably a full charge. Incidentally, if you have a Harbor Freight near you, they sell a brand of battery -- Magnum Thunderbolt -- that are REALLY cheap. So cheap I was suspicious and before buying I did my research. Turns out they're really good batteries! I stocked up on AAs for my Garrett and 9-Volts for my Fisher and Pro Pointer.

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We tend to change out our batteries in the M6 every 15 hours or so whether they are testing full power or not. Thanks for the tip about the Harbor Freight batteries. Will need to try these.

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seekandfind-hahaha-your story sounds almost like mine from this past Wednesday. Kept at it for well over an hour at Island Beach State Park and had only ONE hit the whole time-was a stupid soda can-arrrrgggghhhh! Ok, ok, so I was on the fishing beach and not the swimmer's beach, but still, nothing-wet sand, dry sand-nothing??? : ) Thanks for the laugh!

Granthansen-thanks for the battery tip. That was something I was going to ask-does anyone find that certain batteries are better than others?

OP
OP
S

seekandfind

Jul 7, 2012
northwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 101/505
ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Grant thanks for the info on the batteries I will be heading to harbor freight soon !!! I bought some at the dollar store the other day(low on $$) and lets just say you get what you pay for(i think) and 1 day later they seem low.I willl try again with this battery for a short period because I was detecting after rain and the bh1-d/505 (toy) does not seem to work very good if the groud is wet. Happy hunting.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Battery power is nothing but superstition. Your detector is as powerful as it will ever be, no matter what brand of batteries you have in it, and no matter how old those batteries are--unless they are so low that the machine goes haywire. That's the truth, in terms of the electronics.

But sorry you had a skunky day.

-Buck

Stone

Feb 26, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is a store by my house that sells a brick of 12 9-Volts for $5.99 and they are Energizer. I scooped up a few and now have enough to last for about a year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread