Chief Mcchiefer

Jul 12, 2012
Atlanta, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS Groundhog,F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vintage women's SEIKO watch found in the middle of the woods

Well i decided to go out for a few small hunts for the first time in a week.The first hunt was at a place with alot of indian burial mounds and by alot i mean 60 or more. I was walking the creek that run beside them looking mostly for arrow heads but had my detector with me . Got a signal about 30 feet from the creek where when it floods it deposits alot of sand. I dig down and at about 5 inches i see a band i pull on it and out pops a seiko watch right in the middle of nowhere. Its crazy where u find things like this.I do alot of research and find out by the serial number that it was made in april 1968 and its a chours 17 jewels women's manual wind. So i clean it up, wind it ,give it a few taps on the side and the thing has been running ever since. It is one of my favorite finds just because of where i found it. I also found a small fired lead ball. The second hunt was at a local school but nothing to exciting. The stuff on the right of the pic is the school finds and on the right is the woods finds plus a few burial mound pics . SDC10177.JPG SDC10174.JPG SDC10172.JPG SDC10170.JPG SDC10169.JPG SDC10168.JPG

Upvote 0

milk86

Jun 6, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
be careful around those mounds. They should be protected by the government. But nice variety of finds though.

Keep hunting

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:occasion14: mounds, indian burial mounds, are only protected when posted as such.......HH

OP
OP
C

Chief Mcchiefer

Jul 12, 2012
Atlanta, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS Groundhog,F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There on private land but i dont dig in them or anything like that. I would be afraid what might follow me home LOL.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread