northwest indiana highland,griffith up for a hunt?

seekandfind

Jul 7, 2012
northwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 101/505
ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They tore down a gas station/car wash at the corner of ridge road and cline ave. Right now the buildings are gone and the ground is tore open, may be a good site. You will have to act soon, come monday it will all be gone. I tried to hunt it but my bh1-d/505 is not good enough to do the job. If you go could you post any finds my curiosity is up. Be careful there is some metal prutruding from the ground.HH

Upvote 0

Nicholas

Jul 15, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher f-2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi
What do think is there and how long building been there?

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

seekandfind

Jul 7, 2012
northwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 101/505
ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Nick its Gary over in Schererville Im sure you might find some coins where the car wash was as far as the buildings I have lived out this way for about 15 years and they were there then. Who knows, all I know is if I had a decent detector I would have spent at least an hour there, all you can do is try. I ran into another detecter domn in wicker park today, didnt get his name tho, I am not a real social butterfly (dont have much to say) plus I got the inkling he was itchin to be on his way, especially since i told him about an old farm house out this way. Gonna have to stop givin out my finds or when i do get a better md I wont have anywhere to go. lol

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most gas stations in the last 50 years were paved everywhere so unless it's a really old site when they may have had gravel, it's unlikely there will be anything valuable enough to justify all the metal scrap you'll have to dig to get them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread