Newbie finds today

D

Donkey

Hello all. Got an Ace 250 and tested it out at my grandma's place. They live on 60 acres in a house they built in the 50's. There was a blacksmith shop that was already long gone... all that was left was a well that is about 50 ft from their house. I spent a couple hours trying to get used to the Ace... I had to use the "jewelry" setting because every 2" is a nail or other "lron" detection. I am not sure what 2 of the items are, but I found a 1919 d wheat and a consumer's tax check token (along will at least 3 million nails, tabs, and various gun shells).

CIMG0781.jpg

CIMG0782.jpg

Upvote 0

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome and congratulations on your finds! I like that Tax Token. I think you'll come to really enjoy the Ace 250, it's a good little machine for the money spent. Keep up the hunting and don't forget to share your finds with us.

Happy Hunting
Johnny

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum. I think you'll like it here. Those finds are a nice start. I just know you will find more before too long. GLL

Laater...

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum Donkey.......and no better place to start Detecting but your own familys property! Good luck in the future! :)

snorton750

Jul 28, 2006
Auburn, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic ID
Nice start Donkey, But only 3 million nails. Your slaking. lolol. Keep at it your families land is a great place to learn your new machine. If you know the area where the blacksmith's shop was located you can turn the disc. up and look for dropped coins. Or turn it down and look for artifacts. Either can be a lot of fun. HH Stan...

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Donkey and great finds for your first time out. Love the token.

Can I make a suggestion, try using the coin mode and turn your sensitivity down, I usually run with around 4 notches. You can run with more, but if it sounds like every swing you get chatter turn it down. You can also notch out those pesky nails.

I think you going to enjoy the ACE 250. I hope you are using a good headset with your machine. This will help to hear the good signals better. Good luck and keep us posted on your finds. Great pictures also. HH, Ringfinder

P.S. You might consider a probe for your machine. I use a SunRay Probe and it is most valuable in any recovery.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the piece with the swivel arm is part of a Victrola

OP
OP
D

Donkey

Thanks for the ID Earthworks! Baron, do you know what part of a Victrola it is? I have been looking at pics of all parts and I can not seem to find it. Thanks everyone for the welcomes!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and welcome to the forum! I really like tokens. HH, Mike

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Donkey welcome to a great forum..... You did well on your first trip. Keep at it there are many more to find out there.

God bless
Peter

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds for a Tenderfoot ;D - Looks like you're off to a fantastic start. Excellent pictures also. Thanks for sharing and good luck when you go back.....HH/NS​

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a freind who has one ill get a picture of the part when i get a chance

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go on the great finds! We need to start a sub-club of Ace 250 users, I love mine and am more than happy at what I've found so far with it.

HH,
Ramapirate

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread