Good day, still have all our fingers!

musclecar

Oct 15, 2006
Nampa Idaho
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Me and Dad went out today, to the "bridge", a park, and a school yard. Dad found an unfired 44 rimfire, ".44 Henry's",,, it was a misfired bullet,,,,,,TWICE@! BTW, that bullet is worth about $35!!! Right under the huge rock next to the bullet, he pulled out a can of blasting caps. We didn't know for sure what was inside, but the top of the can kinda spelled it out for us. I stopped shaking the can after reading the top. Yes, it had blasting caps still inside. Like I said,, still have all my fingers. Also, dad found what looks like a part of a bridle bit, a railroad spike, and a couple of railroad tie nails, 1927, and 1931. A couple of skeleton keys, square nails,,,, and old toy car, and some clad. Overall,, we were happy with todays finds..... No silver, but that day is coming again 8)

HH

MC and pop

Attachments

• todays.jpg
    todays.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 468
  • rrnails.jpg
    rrnails.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 469
  • misfire.jpg
    misfire.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 426
  • keys.jpg
    keys.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 484
  • car.jpg
    car.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 473
  • bit.jpg
    bit.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 474
  • caps.jpg
    caps.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 482
  • capcan.jpg
    capcan.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 466
Upvote 0

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Musclecar! Now that's a pile of interesting relics, I've never seen a RR spike numbered like that? Very unique finds, congrats and thanks for sharing ;D

VERY WELL DONE

Attachments

• Banjo.jpg
    Banjo.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 368
  • Banjo.jpg
    Banjo.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 374

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
ok...so what did you do with those blasting caps....hopefully you turned them in to a demolition place...they could still be live!!

Dave

theloadroom

Oct 17, 2006
SW Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 probe
Excellent finds musclecar WTG! I'm pretty sure the indents on your cartridge case are from one firing pin strike, early days of priming rimfire cartridges were inconsistant so the pin was designed to strike the case the way you found it. The blasting caps are too cool! I would search for a way (if possible) to render the caps inert and keep them for dispaly, thanks for the post. HH

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
Congratulations on your finds. Be careful with them caps. I had a friend when he was about 14 played with some caps he found. He was throwing them in the fire and one didn't make it all the way. Well he went to put it back in and now he only waves with 2 3/4 fingers.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Very nice finds ....and I am really glad you posted those blasting caps...I just found a load of those and had no idea what they were so I threw them in a bucket in the back of my truck....been bouncing around with them all week..... ::)

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds,

It's funny you say help me find my car. My friend who lives right up the street has a 1970 olds 442. It is red and silver and looks almost identical to the one you have pictured.

It has a 455 engine in it. It also has nitrous oxide hooked up to it. It's a real monster. It's putting out 750 horse power. It runs the 1/4 mile in 10.2.

He was going to sell it about 10 yrs ago to a younger kid for 15,500. There was a tragedy though before the kid bought it. He was out drinking with friends and got lost I guess among the woods and was passed out.

He then was struck by a train that killed him. Very true story. So it was never sold. The kid loved the car. I actually am going up to his house this week to detail it out for him.

It was siting in a shop for awhile while they painted the block blue. It now neds all waxed and the center line wheels need polished. This is one awesome cars.

I love olds. I don't have a 442 myself. But I do have a 97 olds aurora putting out close to 300 horse power. I have a few mods done to it. I love these cars also.

HH Jer

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool digs,hope you keep em coming.